TrovaTrip (you can call us Trova) is a company that’s changing the way people travel and connect with their communities. We bring the ease of modern tech together with curated, expert-designed travel itineraries to power Creators and community leaders who want to bring their online audience offline, by hosting group trips around the globe.
It’s been an exciting couple of years for Trova — we’ve worked with Creators to book 1,500 trips and more than 21,000 Travelers. We raised a $15M Series A, were named to the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies list, and have more than 100 employees. We’re a tech startup that is navigating growth, and we’re looking for an expert in sales training and development to enhance our sales team performance and in-turn help us turn our happy customers into — well, even more happy customers.
The Senior Sales Training and Development Manager is responsible for coaching and developing Sales Representatives through the onboarding process and beyond. This individual will facilitate training, conduct mock calls, and hold weekly one-on-one sessions to ensure that each Sales Representative gains proficiency in key skills. They will also create and deliver content during meetings for the Sales Representatives. Finally, this role will oversee experienced Sales Representative development programs using experiential learning methods, both remotely and in person. Trainers will also collaborate with multiple Sales Managers for both onboarding and regular Sales Representative training and will be recognized as subject matter experts in the sales process and our LMS application (LearnUpon). This role represents our ongoing investment in our Sales organization and our ongoing efforts to support our Sales teams.
Sound like something you’re ready to tackle? We’d love to hear from you.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, create, and refine new training and development programs for Sales Representatives (BDR, AE, AM) to support various learning styles.
- Manage new rep onboarding process including mock calls and providing individual rep feedback to reduce rep ramp time and increase product/sales proficiency.
- Ensure a smooth transition from new rep training to sales management accountability.
- Collaborate with Sales and various business partners to identify learning and development needs, create materials to address those needs, and design a curriculum that supports multiple learning styles (self-paced using an LMS, facilitated remote learning, and in-person training).
- Maintain frequent communication with Sales Managers regarding rep onboarding progress and track individual rep performance using our Learning Management System (LMS).
- Develop and facilitate training for experienced Trova sales reps related to new processes, systems, products, or business changes.
- Manage a sales training calendar to track and manage resources (sales, marketing, product) needed to support sales training.
- Take ownership of and enhance the sales team's knowledge base to allow reps to self-serve answers to FAQs and increase overall efficiency for both reps and managers.
- Create sales manager training specific to sales rep management and manager responsibilities/process.
- Update and continuously improve training to align with company policies and best practices.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to provide feedback on ideal/successful sales profiles.
You are a great fit if you…
- Are motivated by working in a fast-paced environment, are organized, and can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Enjoy engaging with sales leadership and reps to identify training opportunities that will have a direct positive impact on rep performance and business outcomes.
- Have a proven ability to influence others when speaking professionally before groups, instructing individuals at various skill levels (virtually, in person, and in a classroom environment), and communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Have experience in instructional design and Learning Management Systems.
- Possess a growth-oriented, customer service, and sales mindset that leads you to work cross-functionally to improve processes and efficiency.
- 3+ years developing and delivering curriculum to support inside sales roles.
- 3+ years of prior experience in an inside sales role preferred (BDR, SDR, AE, AM).
- 3+ years using coaching best practices to increase team effectiveness.
- Experience collaborating with marketing to support sales enablement a plus, but not required.
Some of our TrovaTrip Perks include:
- Flexible Time Off
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Trip perk reimbursement for use on any TrovaTrip anywhere in the world with additional PTO!
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave for birthing parent
- Up to 4 weeks paid parental leave for non-birthing parent
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k program
- Great office location in the Pearl District, Portland, OR
- Hybrid, Flexible Working Environment
TrovaTrip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. TrovaTrip considers equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusion to be fundamental to the mission of the company. TrovaTrip benefits include health care, vision, dental, trip perks, paid time off, and retirement savings.