TrovaTrip is a trip management platform and marketplace headquartered in Portland, Oregon. We connect topic experts, creators and entrepreneurs with certified trip Operators from around the globe and give them the opportunity to host once-in-a-lifetime group trips for their communities. Our mission is to make travel easier, safer and more accessible to all.
Engineering at TrovaTrip is in hypergrowth mode - we are focused on refining our platform to support the unique needs of each of our three user groups. We advocate for the needs of our Users, weaving together design, experience, strategy and engineering to solve complex travel problems with an eye towards facilitating inclusive, community-building group travel experiences.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Back-End Engineer who is passionate about building products that customers love. Our platform connects travelers, hosts and tour operators into a unique marketplace for travel - and our users can’t get enough. We are expanding our team globally to provide the next set of features and products to provide an even better experience to our customers.
As a Sr. Engineer at TrovaTrip, you will be responsible for not only implementing our most valuable features and fixes, but leading a team through your work, and how you treat others. We'd love to talk with you if you're an experienced engineer who is ready for a new challenge in creating a high-potential product. Our platform is creating new ways for like-minded communities to experience the joy of travel in a safe and inclusive way.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Build back-end services and APIs to drive existing and new features for web and mobile apps.
- Collaborate with Product to create clear technical specifications and deliverables.
- Own features and products from specification phase through to delivery.
- Contribute to roadmap development and represent engineering in planning discussions.
- Become a technical expert and leader of a software domain.
We're excited about you because you have some of the following:
- 7+ years of software development experience as a full stack or BE engineer shipping to production.
- Excellent knowledge of NodeJS and/or ES6+ JavasScript, HTML, CSS.
- Experience in some of these technologies: React/ReactNative, Node.js, MongoDB, Memcached, Heroku, Continuous Integration, Automation Frameworks.
- Passion for learning, working with others, and making everyone on the team better.
Perks and benefits
- Direct contractor mode with Trovatrip Inc. - Payment 100% in USD.
- Stock options.
- Opportunities to grow your career along with the company.
- Flexible hours
- USD$1,000 for equipment
- Multicultural work environment.