TrovaTrip is a travel planning and booking platform for content creators. We’re a team of trail blazers–and not just because we are based in Portland, OR. We take a crawl, walk, sprint approach to everything we do and bring along the best talent to make it all happen. Our mission is to make travel easier, safer and more accessible to all. From backpacking to Patagonia to practicing yoga on the beaches of Bali – we make it possible with 150 unique experiences in 48 countries.
When it comes to lighting the way, our team works together with full openness and transparency including our dedication to diversity and inclusion throughout our customer-base and employees. We value empathy, questioning the process and thinking sideways to build the leading platform in group travel.
Ultimately, we care about getting it right and delivering the best possible experience for our community of travel buffs. If you are looking to develop your career and thrive off a fast-paced, collaborative culture where you can make an impact, see our open job positions with the TrovaTrip team.
We're looking to bring on our first VP of Product!
As the VP of Product and a member of the executive team at TrovaTrip, your primary objective will be to lead and oversee product strategy, development, and execution. You will be responsible for defining and implementing the vision for our product portfolio, driving innovation, and delivering world-class experiences that exceed our customers' expectations. Your strategic leadership of the Product organization and of the company as a whole will be instrumental in driving TrovaTrip's growth and success as we help people find their community, everywhere in the world.
Product Strategy and Vision: Develop and communicate a clear product strategy aligned with the company's goals and mission. Drive a long-term vision for the product roadmap that supports growth, scalability, and sustainable customer engagement. Make well-informed trade-offs and prioritize features based on customer impact and business value.
Product-Led Growth: Champion a product-led approach to fuel the company's expansion. Identify growth opportunities, design strategies for customer acquisition, retention, and monetization through continuous improvement and iteration of products and features.
Team Development: Lead, mentor, and develop a high-performing product team. Foster a culture of continuous learning, growth, and collaboration within the team.
Customer Experience: Prioritize building a world-class customer experience at every touchpoint. Understand customer needs, pain points, and desires to create exceptional user journeys that exceed expectations and foster customer loyalty.
Cross-Functional Leadership: Collaborate closely with engineering, design, analytics, marketing, and other teams to ensure a seamless product development process from ideation to launch. Foster a collaborative culture that drives innovation and excellence.
Data-Driven Decision Making: Leverage data and insights to make informed product decisions. Analyze product performance, user behavior, and market trends to optimize features and drive key metrics.
User Research and Testing: Conduct user research, usability testing, and gather feedback to inform product improvements and validate hypotheses. Use qualitative and quantitative data to identify pain points and opportunities for enhancing the customer experience.
Product Lifecycle Management: Oversee the entire product development lifecycle, from concept to end-of-life. Monitor product performance post-launch and iterate to achieve product-market fit and growth targets.
Competitive Analysis: Keep abreast of industry trends, market dynamics, and competitor offerings. Identify opportunities for differentiation and continuously refine our value proposition.
- Proven track record (10+ years) of success in product management, with at least 4 years of experience in a senior leadership role (Director/VP) at a high-growth technology company. Marketplace or B2B2C experience preferred.
- Proven ability to develop and execute product strategies that align with the company's long-term vision and mission.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire cross-functional teams to achieve ambitious goals while developing and managing high-performing product teams.
- Strong analytical and data-driven mindset with ability to translate data into actionable insights and make informed decisions.
- Passion for travel and a deep appreciation for the transformative power of shared experiences.
- A deep understanding of customer needs and a dedication to providing world-class customer experiences and solving complex problems with customer-centric solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with internal teams, stakeholders, and external partners.
- Demonstrated success in driving the adoption of design principles and design systems across the greater organization, resulting in cohesive and user-centric product experiences
Some of our TrovaTrip Perks include:
- Flexible Time Off
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Trip perk reimbursement for use on any TrovaTrip anywhere in the world with additional PTO!
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave for birthing parent
- Up to 4 weeks paid parental leave for non-birthing parent
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k program with a match!
- Great office location in the Pearl District, Portland, OR
- Flex Work Environment
TrovaTrip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. TrovaTrip considers equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusion to be fundamental to the mission of the company. TrovaTrip benefits include health care, vision, dental, trip perks, paid time off, and retirement savings.