Hello! I’m LJ, Group Product Manager at Customer.io.
I’m looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead the team making Customer.io the go-to messaging solution for teams building mobile apps. You’ll drive the roadmap for one of our fastest growing product areas, shaping the features and SDKs that mobile app teams need when connecting with their customers.
This role is perfect for you if you love staying on top of how mobile apps are created in the rapidly changing environment of iOS and Android development. You’ll work directly with exceptional mobile app developers to understand what they need to run their communications. You’ll take those insights and partner with your squad to ship software that makes it easy for them to bring their perfect messaging strategy to life.
And you’ll be learning, building, and shipping within a healthy, supportive, and disciplined product environment. At Customer.io you’ll find a culture of innovation and customer focus, balanced with profitability and strong financials. Check out this report for an overview of the landscape and how we stand out.
What you'll do
- Lead the mobile squad in achieving strategic outcomes with solutions that are:
- Valuable (our customers choose to use)
- Viable (the solution works within the constraints of the business)
- Usable (our customers can figure out how to use)
- Feasible (our engineers have the skills and technology to implement)
- Develop a deep knowledge of our prospects and customers, industry trends, and the competitive mobile landscape. Use this knowledge to educate, advocate, and influence within the company.
- Find and nurture ideas from anywhere in the company, expecting many of the best ideas will not be your own.
- Take accountability for results, even though you're working through others to achieve them.
What we're looking for
- Able to commit to at least 3 hrs of working overlap with the Americas (GMT-8 to GMT-5 timezone)
- Previously built and launched mobile apps or have worked on tools and software used by mobile app teams.
- Successful track record of taking software products from “idea” to “shipped”.
- An infectious energy when sharing customer stories, and you use those stories to align your team around the customer’s experience.
- Passionately curious and love asking “Why?” one more time.
- Proficient skills with data including how to source, analyze, and present quantitative and qualitative data.
- Exceptional organization skills and self-motivated.
- Experience navigating ambiguity and taking ownership of problems even when the next steps and solutions aren't clear.
- A proactive communicator, and collaborator, who believes in “working out loud” to share work early and often.
- An excellent writer who values clarity and brevity while avoiding jargon.
Nice to haves...
- Working as a Product Manager on B2B SaaS products, especially in the MarTech space.
- Using Customer.io or other marketing automation services in a previous role.
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 5,300 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of emails, SMS, push notifications, and in-app messages. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $165,000-$180,000 USD (or equivalent in local currency) depending on experience and subject to market rate adjustment.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO - we encourage 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 16 weeks paid parental leave - for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching - up to 5% dollar for dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance - Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend - Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement - Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement - Up to $300 USD per month for those times you'd prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development - Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops - anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io - to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- Opportunities to meet in-person with your peers throughout the year
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! - as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check and employment verification as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below and tell us why you're interested in the position! ****We plan to respond to all applicants with a status update about your application.
Here's what you can expect from our hiring process:
30 minute video call with a Recruiter
30 - 45 minute video call with the Hiring Manager
Take Home Assignment
Assignment Review Call with two potential team members