Senior DevOps Engineer at Chronicled
Remote / LATAM / Canada
Chronicled has established the decentralized MediLedger Network, which connects the pharmaceutical industry and runs mission critical processes. You will be working on the software and infrastructure that connects to and runs the Network. You will take part in building a cutting-edge platform using the latest technological achievements at the intersection of blockchain, distributed computing, network protocols and automated application management.
As Senior DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for the operations of the MediLedger Network, which supports mission critical functions of the business of Fortune 100 customers. You will work with a highly talented engineering team that uses modern technologies and programming languages.
What you will do:
- Oversee operations and monitor performance of the MediLedger Network
- Design, build, and operate cloud infrastructure to enable reliable and rapid deployment of services for end customers and internal development team
- Work closely with development teams to make sure applications are production-ready, scalable, and reliable from the ground up
- Champion excellence in DevOps practices
- Work with the customer success team to support the participants of the MediLedger Network
- Further develop our CI/CD pipeline
- Support the development of our frameworks for test automation
- Promote automation of any repetitive task
- Establish and deploy monitoring and alerting on critical components of the infrastructure and applications
- Learn and contribute to the application code base to further close the gap between operations and software development
- Own, contribute to, and review the technical documentation
What you will need:
- Experience with enterprise-grade software
- Experience with software development
- Familiarity with event-driven architectures and microservices-based solutions
- At least two years of experience with Kubernetes production systems
- Experience with GCP
- Strong knowledge of networking and related infrastructure (including DNS, reverse proxy, firewall, VPN setup, etc)
- Familiarity with enterprise-grade security aspects
- Experience with Infrastructure as a Code, and related tools (including Terraform, Argo, CircleCI, Jenkins, GitHub Action)
- Familiarity with monitoring, altering and logging solutions (including Prometheus, Graphana and Loki)
- Experience with sizing for complex enterprise-grade solutions
- At least 4 years of experience in a DevOps role and additional 2 years in software development
- Experience building and launching new production systems
- Optional experience with blockchain
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Chronicled mission is to streamline financial transactions in the Life Sciences Industry and reduce the cost of healthcare. Chronicled is the creator of the MediLedger Network, the industry-led, blockchain-powered network within the life sciences industry. Chronicled supervises the Network and supports the industry by building solutions on top of the MediLedger Network to facilitate alignment and enable automation between trading partners.
We are looking for talented engineers, who can design elegant software architectures and execute on them with a high degree of craftsmanship. We value our culture and foster a non-political, inclusive environment where integrity, technical precision, passion, innovation, and curiosity pave the way for collaborative building.
At Chronicled we take pride in our Total Rewards Package which is available to all full time Chronicled Employees:
Competitive Rewards: Comprehensive and competitive employment and rewards packages for all employees
Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision. 401k, 529 College Saving Plan, Gym Membership, Commuter Benefits, Employee Perks Program
Equipment: Macbook pro and accessories standard issue.
Location: Centrally located and easily accessible offices in San Francisco
Flexibility: We believe flexibility comes in multiple forms. Freedom to express yourself with an open startup casual dress code, Flexible schedules. Best of all we have an unlimited vacation policy that allows you to get the rest and relaxation you need to refresh.
Welcoming Culture: We call ourselves a family for a reason. We foster a fun and creative atmosphere where anyone can openly contribute ideas, feel appreciated, and feel empowered to be who they are. Fun is also highly encouraged! Frequent offsite team building events and weekly happy hours.
Recognition: Respect and prominence due to work contributions, working on cutting edge technology. Our employees are celebrated and recognized for their contributions
Variety: Opportunities to experience different job tasks, responsibilities, and project opportunities
Workload: Challenging and fast paced work.
Work Importance: The typical Chronicled team member has a bias for action. We do. We build. We believe we will change the world.
Control your own Destiny: Ability to influence others and control one’s own destiny.
Advancement: Opportunities to get ahead both personally and professionally