Our portfolio companies are hiring in Portland and beyond. They're looking for bright, resourceful folks to be part of their growth. Check out opportunities with our startups below.
TrovaTrip is a travel planning and booking platform for content creators. We’re a team of trail blazers–and not just because we are based in Portland, OR. We take a crawl, walk, sprint approach to everything we do and bring along the best talent to make it all happen. Our mission is to make travel easier, safer and more accessible to all. From backpacking to Patagonia to practicing yoga on the beaches of Bali – we make it possible with 150 unique experiences in 48 countries.
When it comes to lighting the way, our team works together with full openness and transparency including our dedication to diversity and inclusion throughout our customer-base and employees. We value empathy, questioning the process and thinking sideways to build the leading platform in group travel.
Ultimately, we care about getting it right and delivering the best possible experience for our community of travel buffs. If you are looking to develop your career and thrive off a fast-paced, collaborative culture where you can make an impact, see our open job positions with the TrovaTrip team.
About the position:
At TrovaTrip, we make it possible for creators to plan sell, and host group trips with their community. As an Account Executive, you work directly with our customers (Hosts), educating them on how to use our group travel planning and booking platform. To get started, you are responsible for finding qualified leads and scheduling your own meetings. The ideal candidate is excited to become the product expert, hungry to onboard new creators to our platform, steps into the shoes of the customer and is an engaging story teller. You will report to Sales Management and work closely with Business Development and Account Management teams. If you are ready to use your expertise to help others travel the world then apply today.
- Prospect potential Hosts (content creators, topic experts, entrepreneurs, social media groups, etc) online and across social media platforms
- Develop and execute strategies for finding and acquiring new Hosts
- Use creative messaging and leverage email automation to grow your pipeline
- Sell the value of TrovaTrip to Hosts by phone or video conference
- Identify Host key performance indicators within your assigned categories
- Optimize your pipeline to drive new qualified Hosts that result in repeat customers
- Work closely with the Account Management team to ensure smooth customer transitions
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as needed
- Communicate Host feedback with the Product and Marketing departments
- Achieve and exceed your meeting and trip confirmation quota
- 30 days:
- Basic understanding of Hubspot Sales Professional
- Grow a list of prospects within your category for outreach
- Build email automation using Hubspot templates and sequences
- Secure your first meeting with a Host
- 60 days:
- Become an expert at the pitch
- Conduct meetings weekly with customers
- Close your first lead and launch your first trip
- Learn lead scoring and KPIs within your category
- 90 days:
- Sell your first trip
- Confident at overcoming objections
- 100% quarterly quota attainment for leads closed goal
- 365 days:
- Deep understanding of the customer and ICP
- Expert at overcoming objections
- Close quality leads at a high volume with velocity
- 100% annual quota attainment for leads closed goal
- Track record of achieving success
- Ambitious and motivated by numbers
- Good listener with high emotional intelligence
- Curious and creative at overcoming objections
- Strong work ethic and works well independently
- A team player who's able to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working cross-functionally with various teams internally
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about travel and the creator economy
- Experience in Sales or Business Development
- Experience using a CRM (Hubspot preferred)
- Experience using Asana
- Experience using Marketing Automation Platforms
TrovaTrip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. TrovaTrip considers equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusion to be fundamental to the mission of the company. TrovaTrip benefits include health care, vision, dental, trip perks, paid time off, and retirement savings.