Our portfolio companies are hiring in Portland and beyond. They're looking for bright, resourceful folks to be part of their growth. Check out opportunities with our startups below.
TrovaTrip is a travel planning and booking platform for content creators. We’re a team of trail blazers–and not just because we are based in Portland, OR. We take a crawl, walk, sprint approach to everything we do and bring along the best talent to make it all happen. Our mission is to make travel easier, safer and more accessible to all. From backpacking to Patagonia to practicing yoga on the beaches of Bali – we make it possible with 150 unique experiences in 48 countries.
When it comes to lighting the way, our team works together with full openness and transparency including our dedication to diversity and inclusion throughout our customer-base and employees. We value empathy, questioning the process and thinking sideways to build the leading platform in group travel.
Ultimately, we care about getting it right and delivering the best possible experience for our community of travel buffs. If you are looking to develop your career and thrive off a fast-paced, collaborative culture where you can make an impact, see our open job positions with the TrovaTrip team.
About this position:
We are looking for an experienced Accounting Manager to oversee accounting operations for our Portland-based company. We value hard work, flexibility, and curiosity. We embrace cross collaboration to creatively solve problems, and constantly improve and implement meaningful changes.
This position is responsible for month-end closing, account reconciliations, financial reporting, budget preparation and audit support. The ideal candidate has experience managing an accounting team, while tracking and evaluating day-to-day activities, as well as proven interaction with both Corporate Controller/Director and Executive level management.
This role reports to the Corporate Controller and is a great fit for a highly motivated individual that takes the initiative to solve problems and enjoys the opportunity to improve processes collaboratively. A successful Accounting Manager combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of monthly financial reports including budget statements for multiple departments.
- Analyze & document variances and reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Verify, post, and reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Assist with analysis of financial information and summarizing financial status.
- Review bi-monthly payroll for entry.
- Work with the Office Manager to track and maintain fixed asset schedules and spending.
- Ensure adequate cross training of all accounting functions to support time off, ie. backup for accounts payable
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems, processes, and procedures.
- Assist with the annual audit and tax returns.
- Continue to develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Coordinate with the Corporate Controller to improve financial procedures.
- A minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in any combination of public accounting and/or corporate accounting.
- Strong analytical and solid technical accounting skills
- Proven experience as an Accounting Manager or Senior Accountant (with personnel oversight)
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including developing relationships at all levels in an organization.
- Experience working with large volumes of data, and passionate about solving problems with data analytics.
- Experience with various BI tools.
- Advanced MS Excel skills required.
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks efficiently and independently with a high degree of accuracy to meet deadlines.
- Firsthand experience with accounting software packages. QBO and NetSuite experience preferred but not required.
- In-depth understanding of Accrual and/or Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- A desire to grow into Corporate Controller role/ career path
Some of our TrovaTrip Perks include:
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Trip perk credit vouchers for use on any TrovaTrip anywhere in the world with additional PTO!
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave for birthing parent
- Up to 4 weeks paid parental leave for non-birthing parent
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k program with a match!
- Great office location in the Pearl District, Portland, OR
- Flex Work Environment
TrovaTrip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. TrovaTrip considers equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusion to be fundamental to the mission of the company. TrovaTrip benefits include health care, vision, dental, trip perks, paid time off, and retirement savings.