Hi, I'm Brendan, Group Product Manager at Customer.io.
I'm looking for either a Senior or Principal Product Manager to lead a new product development squad. You'll tackle a challenging opportunity: landing our first new product in 10 years. We’ve announced our MVP of this product, Customer.io Data Pipelines, but need you to lead the road ahead.
At Customer.io, we work hard to enable companies to communicate with their customers in an automated, but empathetic way. Our customers are fellow product-led growth companies who treat the messages they send as a core part of their product experience.
What you'll do
You'll contribute a deep knowledge of customer data integration, identity resolution, and the related competitive landscape.
You'll lead a squad consisting of engineers and a designer to achieve outcomes with solutions that are:
- Valuable (our customers choose to use)
- Viable (the solution works within the constraints of the business)
- Usable (our customers can figure out how to use)
- Feasible (our engineers have the skills and technology to implement)
You’ll find and nurture ideas from anywhere in the company, expecting many of the best ideas will not be your own.
You'll take accountability for results, even though you're working through others to achieve them.
What we're looking for
- You’re located in a GMT-8 to GMT-5 timezone.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Product Manager, Founder, or other entrepreneurial role working on a software product.
- You’ve built or improved a CDP, Reverse ETL, Data Warehouse, or Integration-as-a-Service product.
- You’ve got infectious energy when sharing customer stories, and you use those stories to align your team around the customer’s experience.
- You’re hungry to learn, and love asking “Why?” one more time.
- You know how to source, analyze, and present quantitative and qualitative data.
- You’re an exceptionally organized and motivated person.
- You take ownership of problems even when the next steps and solutions aren't clear.
- You are a proactive communicator who believes in “working out loud” to share work early and often.
- You’re an excellent writer who values clarity and brevity while avoiding jargon.
Bonus! Not a requirement, but let us know if you have experience with...
- Using Customer.io or other marketing automation services in a previous role
About Product at Customer.io
While your daily work will be as part of a cross-functional squad, the Product team will be your home for support and growth. We meet once a week to give feedback on in-progress work and communicate daily about new things we learn. Since we are still small and nimble, there is a lot of opportunity to add to our culture and processes.
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 4,700 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track the performance of emails, SMS, push notifications, and in-app messages. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $168,000 - $188,000 USD depending on experience and subject to market rate adjustment.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO - we encourage 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave - for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching - up to 5% dollar-for-dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance - Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend - Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement - Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement - Up to $300 USD per month for those times you'd prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development - Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops - anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io - to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- 1 annual company retreat per year and opportunities to meet in smaller groups throughout the year
All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check and employment verifications as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below by May 5, 2023, and tell us why you're interested in the position! In your cover letter, be sure to tell us the title of the last book you read. We plan to respond to all applicants with a status update about your application.
Here's what you can expect from our hiring process:
- 20-minute video call with a Recruiter
- 60-minute video call with the Hiring Manager
- Approximately one week to do a <2hr project
- 60-minute video call to review your project
- Final interview