Our portfolio companies are hiring in Portland and beyond. They're looking for bright, resourceful folks to be part of their growth. Check out opportunities with our startups below.
Note: ESS is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our employees and community therefore we require COVID-19 vaccinations as a condition of employment.
Catalyzing a cleaner future
ESS is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy storage and is consistently identified as one of the most innovative and exciting technology players in energy storage. Trading on the NYSE (GWH), it is poised to be one of the fastest growing energy technology companies in the world, with projects already across 4 continents. The ESS vision is about enabling the decarbonization of the grid by enabling us to achieve up to 100% of our electricity from clean, sustainable renewable energy.
These are ambitious goals, and we are pursuing them with passion. At ESS, we are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
ESS is seeking a dynamic Process Engineer for its Wilsonville Battery Module Pilot Line where new products and new automation is commercialized and scaled.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, publish and drive key KPIs: Yield, Rate, Uptime, Safety. Analyze paretos & parametric data. Lead projects to meet targets
- Work cross-functionally with Product Engineering, Equipment Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality, and Safety to define production process requirements. This will drive product, component, and equipment development/changes.
- Design experiments to find process limits and expand fundamental understanding of process capability and reliability.
- Lead investigations on noncompliant parts and assemblies. Once root cause is identified, manage and contain defect excursions.
- Support operations on 5S and Lean exercises.
- Generate documentation for change controls and engineering qualification protocols to support process changes.
- Mentor and teach other engineers and technicians, and benchmark industry practices to bring best known methods to the pilot line.
- Develop Process Control Plans, OCAP for new products and mass production line transfers.
What You’ll Bring:
- BS degree in engineering or physics.
- Strong problem-solving skills and an aptitude for working in challenging, fast paced environments.
- Previous manufacturing engineering experience, preferably in Power Electronics, Semiconductors, Microelectronics, Photovoltaics, or Automotive.
- Fundamental thermal process development experience.
- Familiar with GD&T best practices.
- Hands-on skills with hardware, tools, instruments, general electromechanical systems, measurement techniques.
- A track record of working and communicating effectively with large, cross functional teams.
- Experience managing or technically mentoring other engineers and/or technicians.
- Experience with ergonomic process design, part variation control, and human factors effects on product.
- Data collection and experience with advanced statistical analysis.
Benefits of working at ESS:
In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, ESS offers Company assisted medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, 8 paid holidays, 401K, approved PPE reimbursement, and a competitive PTO accrual.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, without a need for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.