TrovaTrip is a travel planning and booking platform for content creators. We’re a team of trail blazers–and not just because we are based in Portland, OR. We take a crawl, walk, sprint approach to everything we do and bring along the best talent to make it all happen. Our mission is to make travel easier, safer and more accessible to all. From backpacking to Patagonia to practicing yoga on the beaches of Bali – we make it possible with 150 unique experiences in 48 countries.
When it comes to lighting the way, our team works together with full openness and transparency including our dedication to diversity and inclusion throughout our customer-base and employees. We value empathy, questioning the process and thinking sideways to build the leading platform in group travel.
Ultimately, we care about getting it right and delivering the best possible experience for our community of travel buffs. If you are looking to develop your career and thrive off a fast-paced, collaborative culture where you can make an impact, see our open job positions with the TrovaTrip team.
About this position:
The Accounting Associate is responsible for overseeing general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions, including reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Senior Accounting Associate combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating and/or managing a team of accountants and working closely with the Controller.
- Completing month-end closing process and preparing financial statements and reports including balance sheets, profit and loss statements, cash flow statements, and other documents that track the company’s financial status.
- Preparing financial statements by analyzing data, calculating figures, and reviewing results to ensure accuracy.
- Reviewing financial documents for completeness and accuracy before they are submitted to the Controller for approval.
- Coordinating with other departments such as human resources, trip experience, sales, product and engineering, and certain service vendors to ensure that all aspects of the business are being reviewed.
- Preparing journal entries to record transactions such as payments on loans, dividends paid to shareholders, or purchases of equipment.
- Interpreting company policies to determine how they affect operations and advising management accordingly.
- Calculating taxes such as sales tax or payroll tax forms. Working closely with the tax and audit firm alongside the Controller.
- Investigating and resolving accounting errors and discrepancies, including those involving theft or fraud.
- Preparing financial reports for internal use such as budgets, expense reports, and cash flow projections.
- Plan, assign, and review staff’s work.
- 3-5 years of recent experience in accounting or auditing, preferably with a primary focus on start-ups
- Proficient data entry, comfortable with computers, and ability to learn new systems
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and effective multitasking skills
- Strong math, typing, and computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office (Especially Excel)
- Excellent communication, research, problem-solving, and time-management skills
- Team player with the ability to work with internal and external customers professionally and courteously to resolve time sensitive issues
Some of our TrovaTrip Perks include:
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Trip perk credit vouchers for use on any TrovaTrip anywhere in the world with additional PTO!
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave for birthing parent
- Up to 4 weeks paid parental leave for non-birthing parent
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k program with a match!
- Great office location on the waterfront in the Pearl District, Portland, OR
- Flex Work Environment
TrovaTrip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. TrovaTrip considers equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusion to be fundamental to the mission of the company. TrovaTrip benefits include health care, vision, dental, trip perks, paid time off, and retirement savings.