ESS is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy storage and is consistently identified as one of the most innovative and exciting technology players in energy storage. It is poised to be one of the fastest growing energy technology companies in the world, with projects already across 4 continents and an upcoming public offering. The ESS vision is about enabling the decarbonization of the grid by enabling us to achieve up to 100% of our electricity from clean, sustainable renewable energy.
These are ambitious goals, and we are pursuing them with passion. At ESS, we are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
ESS is hiring a dynamic Mechanical Designer Drafter to work directly with our engineers on the development of ESS’s advanced battery technology to ensure product life, cost, and efficiency as we scale up production.
What you’ll do at ESS
- Utilize Autodesk Inventor to produce complex detailed models and prepare denoted, dimensioned drawings suitable for manufacturing using appropriate tolerance and GD&T practices.
- Collaborate with engineers and other personnel to identify, define, or solve developmental problems.
- Ensure engineering design and standards documentation is complete, accurate, and sufficient to support manufacturing and quality assurance, and compliant with customer specifications and regulations.
- Document and present designs for team review.
What you bring to the table
- Associate of Science or Applied Science degree, or equivalent experience, specifically in a manufacturing environment dealing with complicated industrial scale products.
- Proven proficiency in professional CAD platforms for design, documentation, and fabrication. Autodesk Inventor strongly preferred.
- Experience with CAD version control systems. Autodesk Vault preferred.
- Understanding of a wide variety of manufacturing techniques, and an ability to design parts and assemblies accordingly.
- Experience with creating drawings of parts and assemblies using standard tolerance practices and GD&T (ASME Y14.5).
- Experience with designing and building fixtures, tools, machines, and prototypes.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protection Equipment according to OSHA rules and regulations
We’d love to see:
- Knowledge of large and complex industrial products, containerized manufacturing, and transport.
- Experience modeling and documenting plumbing and piping systems.
- Experience in battery, fuel cell technologies or power generation systems.
- Experience with electrical assembly documentation.
Benefits of working at ESS
In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, ESS offers a Company assisted Health insurance, Approved PPE Reimbursement, Medical & Dental; Flex spending account; 8 paid holidays; 401K, and a competitive PTO accrual.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, without a need for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.