We are a remote, growing community of builders, contributing to the next generation of real estate with accessibility, transparency, and social responsibility through our industry-leading investment products. Our Product Management team is not just looking for passionate builders but fellow adventure seekers. Commercial real estate investing is one of the few remaining industries that's still discovering the role that technology has to play in it.
As the Senior Technical Product Manager, you will refine the product strategy and transpose your well-crafted roadmap into the next generation of CrowdStreet's technology infrastructure. You will partner directly with the product and engineering leaders and experts to dramatically enhance the efficiencies and developer happiness across all of our product teams - quintessential ingredients for our future success. Through your leadership, CrowdStreet will improve its platform infrastructure and systems to achieve the speed, flexibility and scale necessary to remain competitively agile in this changing, regulated market. Let's build the future of alternative investing into something real.
The Success You'll Build | Primary Responsibilities & Impact
You'll join a progressive Product Management team that strives to embody the latest modern product development principles and methodologies – validating our assumptions, delivering value early, and unlocking the full potential power in the Design/Engineering/Product "triad". You will be the product counterpart to our technical leaders and architects, advocating for our different customers while collaboratively achieving our long-term technical vision. Achieving this will require influence over authority and deep partnerships with Engineering, Product, Data, Design, Marketplace Services, Managed Solutions and Legal & Compliance. You will report to the Director of Product Management & Design.
- Partner with Technology Leadership to establish and promote a clear product strategy for improving and scaling our infrastructure rails that power our products and empower product teams.
- Craft an inspiring product roadmap that supports our goals and product strategy and rallies collaborating teams.
- Lead the charge at defining the product plan for our next generation of shared API services and satisfying internal timelines with healthy urgency.
- Build product plans for how we evolve our platform stability and release deployment frameworks.
- Lead complex technical migrations, legacy code rewrites, and testing and extending scalable solutions for all product teams.
- Over-communicate plans, progress and goals to keep teams and partners aligned and ensure the viability, usability and feasibility of your team's solutions.
- Exercise technical research, qualitative and quantitative customer insights, and instincts to prioritize the most impactful opportunities to maximize the outcomes of your team.
- Preserve the integrity of the technical vision by maintaining development focus on the most meaningful technical priorities, while remaining agile and responsive to new information.
- Mentor and support your product peers with your technical product knowledge.
The Tools You'll Use | Our Stack: (if applicable)
You'll work with a modern technology stack that includes React (with Redux) on the frontend, using both container and serverless deployments. We use Atlassian tools (JIRA, BitBucket, BitBucket Pipelines) for source code management and deployments and AWS for our infrastructure. Additional tactical PM tools include:
- Project tracking/management - Jira & Asana
- Quantitative analysis - Looker, Heap & Snowflake
- Qualitative research - Condens
- Workshops & brainstorming - Miro
- UX collaboration - Figma
- 3P in-app messaging - Appcues & Hubspot
The Experiences That Will Help You Succeed:
- 5+ years of product management experience identifying technical opportunities balanced with customer needs, prioritizing requests, developing technical roadmaps, defining requirements, guiding tactical execution and releasing software solutions to market in a B2C or B2B2C.
- Must have worked for 2+ years at a scale-up company, where self-initiative and diligence require reliable collaboration and communication.
- Experience working as a software engineer.
- Experience managing and releasing API services as products.
- Experience working with Cloud Ops teams.
- Experience evaluating technical options to grow platforms to the next level, choosing the most strategic path forward, and breaking large projects into smaller, releasable plans.
- Experience being accountable for the P&L of limited resources and managing the trade-offs necessary to balance strategic pressures to both meet short-term financial goals while guiding long-term strategic growth.
The Competencies You'll Need:
- Customer-focused mindset and curiosity, asking clarifying questions to understand complex use cases.
- Familiar with software architecture and dev/cloud operations concepts, authoring epics, user stories and acceptance criteria in an Engineering-friendly format.
- Ask the right questions when evaluating architectural and technical options, challenging Engineering partners in a healthy way.
- Adaptable to different environments, processes and personalities.
- Have developed processes and methods to ruthlessly translate high-level vision into clear, tactical action items (with and without the help of your team).
- Experience and comfort managing a large backlog of projects, product enhancements, technical lifecycle maintenance and defects using Jira or a similar tool.