At ESS (NYSE: GWH), our mission is to accelerate global decarbonization by providing safe, sustainable, long-duration energy storage that powers people, communities, and businesses with clean, renewable energy anytime and anywhere it’s needed. As more renewable energy is added to the grid, long- duration energy storage is essential to providing the reliability and resiliency we need when the sun is not shining and the wind is not blowing.
Our technology uses earth-abundant iron, salt, and water to deliver environmentally safe solutions capable of providing up to 12 hours of flexible energy capacity for commercial and utility-scale energy storage applications. Established in 2011, ESS Inc. enables project developers, independent power producers, utilities, and other large energy users to deploy reliable, sustainable long-duration energy storage solutions. For more information visit www.essinc.com.
ESS is hiring a motivated, hard-working Electrical Engineering Technician to join our team. This position involves close interaction with numerous engineering disciplines. Ability to work in a team environment is a must. Applicant must be comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
What you’ll do at ESS.
- Work with mechanical and electrical engineers to assemble battery systems
- Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions and record results
- Assemble electrical and electronic systems and prototypes according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical principles, using hand tools and measuring instruments
- Provide technical assistance and resolution when electrical or engineering problems are encountered before, during, and after construction.
- Build, calibrate, maintain, troubleshoot, or repair electrical instruments or testing equipment.
- Collaborate with electrical engineers or other personnel to identify, define, or solve developmental problems.
- Draw or modify diagrams and write engineering specifications to clarify design details and functional criteria of experimental electronics units.
- Construct and perform reliability tests on various key system components.
- Perform in-process inspections steps to ensure the quality of the work performed and the functionality of the component and/or module.
- Maintain production and test equipment.
- Support electromechanical troubleshooting of product and support equipment.
What you bring to the table.
- AS Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- Experience with reading electrical schematics and mechanical P&IDs
- Familiarity with the process of building control panels for machine automation
- Experience with Oscilloscopes, DMMs, Power Analyzers, Signal Generators etc.
- Familiarity with single and three phase power systems and power distribution systems
- Familiarity with power conversion equipment
- Familiarity with computer and micro-controller systems
- Capability to work on and around industrial power systems
- Proficiency troubleshooting electronics and electro-mechanical systems down to the component level
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a small, dynamic team
- A strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement is required.
- Ability to follow written and verbal work instructions
We’d love to see:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- Experience building control panels
- Experience with battery or fuel cell systems
Benefits of working at ESS.
In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, ESS offers Company assisted medical, dental and vision, 401k with Company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), a generous PTO accrual, and 8 paid holidays.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, without need for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.