The Dyrt is looking for an experienced Digital Media Sales Manager that can generate new business opportunities. Candidates for this job are not afraid to generate a lot of outbound activity (phone, linkedin, in-person) and are looking for a strong commission upside. Candidates will drive the success of a new ad network that goes live on The Dyrt’s website in January, which will receive over 100M ad impressions per year.
The Dyrt is the largest digital camping platform in the world. Every second, a new camper visits The Dyrt to access our community-driven campground information.
If you love the outdoors and want to be part of a fast-growing tech platform, you’re in the right place.
- Experience selling directly to companies and ad agencies; Drive revenue while meeting/exceeding budget goals
- Build and manage deep relationships with ad agencies, direct clients, and the entire media planning/buying chain
- Manage book of business with a focus on driving new and incremental digital ad revenue
- Provide thought leadership with an emphasis on both actionable and future-state offerings within the digital space
- Manage the sales process from proposal through post-analysis and renewal/upsell
- Work with internal teams to manage sold projects to make sure all deliverables are met
- 5 years advertising sales experience (or similar B2B sales)
- Experience selling display ad campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or similar
- A demonstrated track record of negotiating, structuring, and closing media deals and partnerships
- A passionate, entrepreneurial minded thinker who is results oriented and able to thrive in an unstructured environment
- Strong written and verbal
Nice to have:
- Outdoor or niche media sales experience or love for camping/outdoors in general
- Project management- sold and fulfilled the deals
The Dyrt is built by campers, for campers—whether you’re new to camping or have been camping your whole life.
We encourage everyone to spend more time outside, including employees. We offer competitive market-rate salaries, a generous vacation plan, and we even pay employees bonuses for using The Dyrt in the wild.
This is a full-time remote position. Employees are expected to have high-speed internet and a professional working environment sufficient for clear video conferencing during regular working hours. Many of our employees work virtually from Portland, OR but we’re flexible on location and encourage all to explore. Our founders even work from their van.
The Dyrt is an equal opportunity workplace. We are especially proud to have a female founder and a higher percentage of female employees than the national average for tech companies. We believe that the outdoors are for everyone, and are committed to building an inclusive platform and community that encourages, supports, and celebrates all people interested in camping.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
About The Dyrt
The Dyrt was started in Portland, OR, is venture-backed, and has 30 employees working virtually around the U.S.