Note: ESS is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our employees and community therefore we require COVID-19 vaccinations as a condition of employment.
Catalyzing a cleaner future.
At ESS (NYSE: GWH), our mission is to accelerate global decarbonization by providing safe, sustainable, long-duration energy storage that powers people, communities, and businesses with clean, renewable energy anytime and anywhere it’s needed. As more renewable energy is added to the grid, long- duration energy storage is essential to providing the reliability and resiliency we need when the sun is not shining and the wind is not blowing.
Our technology uses earth-abundant iron, salt, and water to deliver environmentally safe solutions capable of providing up to 12 hours of flexible energy capacity for commercial and utility-scale energy storage applications. Established in 2011, ESS Inc. enables project developers, independent power producers, utilities, and other large energy users to deploy reliable, sustainable long-duration energy storage solutions. For more information visit www.essinc.com.
ESS is seeking a motivated Battery Test Technician to join our team. Our current program scope involves the design, construct, and test of large-scale redox flow batteries. Prepare, assemble and QC battery components, following procedures and prints.
What you’ll do at ESS.
- Construct flow batteries of various sizes and capacities, working from written and verbal descriptions
- Document all design issues and manufacturing improvement suggestions
- Construct mechanical assemblies, such as battery test stations, battery prototypes and reliability test bays, and perform checkout and troubleshooting functions
- Collect and evaluate operating data, troubleshoot, conduct on-line equipment adjustment
- Present test results to the engineering team for continuous improvements
- Participate in the processing of materials and preparation of electrolytes for flow batteries from lab scale to semi-automated processes
- Edit assembly documentation and test procedures
- Focus on work area safety, cleanliness, material usage and organization
What you bring to the table.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Mechanical knowledge of piping systems
- Ability to build complex mechanical assemblies with little instruction
- Hands on technical background
- Attention to detail and the ability to work with a minimum amount of supervision are critical
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a small, dynamic team responsible for product development
We’d love to see:
- Experience with chemical processes/chemistry a plus.
Benefits of working at ESS.
In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, ESS offers Company assisted medical, dental and vision, 401k with Company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), a generous PTO accrual, and 8 paid holidays.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, without a need for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.