What You'll Do:
Bigleaf Networks is looking for a Sales Engineer to play a very important role in the success of our fast-growing managed service provider (MSP) business. An ideal candidate is someone who wants to make a clear impact using their collaborative technical expertise working closely with partners to enable the very differentiated Bigleaf solutions. You will be part of a high integrity group of sellers who are passionate about this market and ready to welcome you and your contributions onto the team.
This position is 100% remote!
Candidates can be located in any major city in the continental US, and travel (over 20%) is required.
- Provide technical pre-sales assistance for the MSP Sales Team
- Partner with the Channel Sales Team to develop technical sales objectives then work autonomously to drive agreed upon objectives with MSP partners
- Enable/Mentor/Coach the MSP technical teams to drive the pre- and post-sales cycle from pitch to demonstration and evaluation to successful onboarding and enablement
- Provide assistance in developing MSP partner services built around Bigleaf
- Develop relationships with marketing, product management, development, customer support, and other critical stakeholders in support of Bigleaf sales objectives
- Develop relationships with MSP partner technical teams and their leadership to establish a Bigleaf preference
- Provide technical expertise and real-life experience in creating solutions, proof of concept, training, and implementation
- Conduct research and use knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections
- Drive high levels of partner satisfaction and enablement success
- 7+ years industry experience in sales engineering with managed service provider (MSP) industry experience highly desired, with at least 2 years of experience in a network sales engineering role
- A passion for bringing a hospitality-driven, collaborative approach to working with our partners
- Deep understanding of the sales process and the roles and responsibilities of a sales engineer
- Excellent understanding of networking fundamentals
- Strong experience with network edge device deployments, such as firewalls and routers
- Strong understanding of how specific network issues affect application performance (i.e. how does packet loss affect TCP throughput? Or what are the effects of jitter on VoIP?)
- Natural ability to incrementally troubleshoot technical problems
- Strong written and verbal technical presentation and communication skills
- Self-starter able to work independently, adapt quickly, and maintain a positive attitude while accomplishing objectives
- Thinks creatively to embrace day to day challenges and sees them as a natural part of the role that can be used to drive opportunities
- Ability and willingness to travel up to several times per month
Who We Are:
Bigleaf Networks improves Cloud connectivity and Internet performance. We are a team of telecom and network software professionals who built our Cloud-first SD-WAN service based on the natural architecture of leaves. We provide a better Internet experience with simple implementation, friendly support, and powerful technology.
Bigleaf exists because of leaders and dreamers who believed there was a better solution to a technological need in business. As we continue to grow, we keep this leadership mentality in mind, and we encourage each other to constantly improve by developing grit, servant leadership, diversity, and innovation.
At Bigleaf Networks, we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation internally and for our customers. We empower employees to think out-of-the box and create value through a unique combination of technology, collaboration, and strategy. We encourage innovation at all levels of our company and work as a team to align and execute our company goals.
Our Core Values:
Whether working with a customer or interacting with one another around the office, Bigleaf’s core values are heartfelt service, positive attitude, transparency, and focus. At our core, we are here at Bigleaf to develop technology that will help people, and these values help us keep that intention.
Highlight of our Benefits:
- Medical (We pay 100% of medical premiums for our HSA health plan - buy up options available)
- Dental & Vision (We pay 100% for all levels of coverage)
- Life insurance, long term disability
- 401k with dollar for dollar safe harbor match
- Stock options plan
- Generous parental leave (6 weeks)
- 4 weeks of PTO +1 week of Wellness Time per year
- 13 Company Holidays
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Technology/Remote Work Stipend
- Monthly credit for GrubHub
- 2x per year full company offsite events!
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role, please send along a resume and cover letter of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, 401k with match and a stock options plan.
We're building a team in addition to a product, and we value and seek inclusion and diversity in that team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet the exact qualifications for this role.