What You'll Do:
As a Software Engineer at Bigleaf, you will develop network software for Bigleaf SD-WAN products and services, as well as own mission-critical infrastructure for supporting those products. Your code will run on thousands of routers across our fleet. You’ll dig deep into network performance, from onsite routers to Internet WAN (Wide Area Network) circuits to infrastructure servers. Your contributions will ensure stable and secure Internet connectivity for Bigleaf customers.
This position is 100% remote!
- Apply advanced theories, principles, and practices in computer science, computer engineering, and mathematics as a Software Engineer in the field of telecommunications.
- Research, design, develop, and test systems-level software and network distribution software for telecommunications infrastructure platform, built on co-located servers and network equipment, cloud VMs, and other network appliances primarily using Linux.
- Develop and direct software programming for a more efficient and effective infrastructure to accommodate an exponentially increasing service base.
- Set operational specifications and analyze software requirements to develop software applications and systems for SDWAN.
- Develop network engineering protocol to design and deliver business-ready SD-WAN products and features that enhance network performance.
- Responsible for Systems Infrastructure Management.
- Work with Cloud service providers including Amazon Web Services, Azure, Digital Ocean, Linode, US Dedicated and several more.
- Create and design Virtual Machines, with applicable network protocols. Install new services, such as back-end Application Programming Interfaces for our fleet of internet-connected devices, and design infrastructure additions to our globally-distributed network health monitoring system.
- Develop and design efficient and effective network infrastructure and software that integrates with the Linux networking subsystem.
- Design infrastructure additions to our globally-distributed network health monitoring system.
- Responsible for applications development for SD-WAN.
- Analyze requirements for network protocol development and to design and deliver business-ready SD-WAN products and features which enhance telecommunications network performance.
- Design network systems configuration to ensure compatibility with different applications interacting on the network.
- Responsible for Full-stack Web Development.
- Responsible for Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) application development, including JSON APIs and web hosting, in both the front-end (HTTP Request processing) and back-end (databases and other infrastructure) to ensure communication and between APIs and web servers.
- Create development documentation to assist with training other employees.
- Travel to headquarters in Tigard, Oregon a minimum of two times per year required.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications or a closely related field (foreign equivalent accepted).
- One year experience as a Software Engineer, Software Developer, or similar position.
- One year experience with network protocols (TCP/IP, IPv6, and BGP).
- One year experience with system-level development in Linux (kernel development, package and distro management, routing tables, and hardware management).
- One year experience maintaining Linux system software underneath devices.
- One year experience mentoring and advising junior engineers (code reviews and documentation).
- One year experience building large scale cloud based web applications.
- One year experience with database systems such as PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- One year experience with Ansible, Puppet, Chef or similar Configuration Management tools.
- One year experience with CI/CD pipeline and Build tools such as CircleCI or GitLab.
All experience, skills and requirements may be gained concurrently.
Who We Are:
Bigleaf Networks offers cloud SD-WAN connectivity and Internet performance solutions. We are a team of telecom and network software professionals who built our Cloud-first SD-WAN service based on the natural architecture of leaves. We provide a better Internet experience with simple implementation, friendly support, and powerful technology.
Bigleaf exists because of leaders and dreamers who believed there was a better solution to a technological need in business. As we continue to grow, we keep this leadership mentality in mind, and we encourage each other to constantly improve by developing grit, servant leadership, diversity, and innovation.
At Bigleaf Networks, we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation internally and for our customers. We empower employees to think out-of-the box and create value through a unique combination of technology, collaboration, and strategy. We encourage innovation at all levels of our company and work as a team to align and execute on our company goals.
Our Core Values:
Whether working with a customer or interacting with one another around the office, Bigleaf’s core values are heartfelt service, positive attitude, transparency, and focus. At our core, we are here at Bigleaf to develop technology that will help people, and these values help us maintain that intention.
Highlight of our Benefits:
- Medical (We pay 100% of medical premiums for our HSA health plan - buy up options available)
- Dental & Vision (We pay 100% for all levels of coverage)
- Life insurance, long term disability
- 401k with dollar for dollar safe harbor match
- Stock options plan
- Generous parental leave (6 weeks)
- 4 weeks of PTO +1 week of Wellness Time per year
- 13 Company Holidays
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Technology/Remote Work Stipend
- Monthly credit for GrubHub
- 2x per year full company offsite events!
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role, please send along a resume and cover letter of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, 401k with match and a stock options plan.
We're building a team in addition to a product, and we value and seek inclusion and diversity in that team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet the exact qualifications for this role.