Hello! My name is Jennifer and I head up the Partners Team at Customer.io. Agency partners play an important role here at Customer.io. Our growing agency partner program helps to create a consistent channel of new opportunities through service based customer.io certified agency partners. Our certified partners also provide integrations, content development, marketing automation setup, and other valuable services that enhance the use of the customer.io software and experience for our customers.
We're currently looking for a Channel Account Manager (CAM) who will help support our growing agency partner program. The CAM will serve as the main point of contact for a book of agencies partners consisting of new and legacy partners. As a customer.io CAM you will be responsible for training partners on Customer.io with a focus on stimulating new sales of customer.io though these relationships. If you have been in a CAM role before or helped a service based agency reach their goals, this role may be a good fit for you.
Some things you'll do:
- Manage partner relationships and build a sales pipeline by working with your partners to exceed established sales goals
- Become a Customer.io product expert and onboard and train our agency partners to become experts as well
- Manage customer<>agency partner relationships while identifying and mitigating churn risk accounts
- Collaborate on Customer.io trainings and sales enablement resources for partners
- Coach agencies on how to position, sell, and close customer.io
- Help support customer.io sales and support team members by matching partners based on customer and prospects needs and budget
- You've had agency experience or experience helping agencies reach their goals
- You've had experience working with or for a SaaS product
- You've worked on a partnership team in the past
- You have the technical chops to understand and teach a technical product
- Sales and public speaking are something you understand and enjoy
- You’re curious and enjoy learning about different businesses and industries
- You’ve got a thirst for knowledge, and are keen to understand our app
- You enjoy the process of setting challenging goals and creating a plan to hit them
What we're looking for:
- A background in software, working with or along side an agency, and some tech saviness
- You've worked in sales at some point an your career
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation), high emotional IQ, and a drive to achieve.
- Flexibility to adjust your day-to-day to fit with the most critical tasks on hand
- Personal success stories of building partner programs that drove positive ROI
- Thirst for knowledge, a hunger for continuous learning, and innate curiosity.
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 4,300 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $100,000 USD depending on experience and subject to market rate adjustment.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO - we encourage 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave - for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching - up to 5% dollar for dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance - Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend - Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement - Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement - Up to $300 USD per month for those times you'd prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development - Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops - anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io - to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- 1 annual company retreat per year and opportunities to meet in smaller groups throughout the year
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! - as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below by 5pm Monday, November 28 and tell us why you're interested in the position! We plan to respond to all applicants with a status update about your application.
Here's what you can expect from our hiring process:
30 minute video call with a Recruiter
30 - 45 minute video call with the Hiring Manager
Take Home Assignment
Assignment Review Call with two potential team members