The Dyrt is the largest digital camping platform in the world. Every second, a new user visits The Dyrt to access our community-driven campground information.
If you love the outdoors and want to be part of a fast-growing consumer app, you’re in the right place.
We’re seeking a Program Manager to support our consumer team and help build a powerful suite of tools for campers using The Dyrt. This role is responsible for supporting product strategy around attracting, converting, and retaining users.
- Create and deliver status reports as well as surface and solve blockers across teams
- Support and run standup meetings as needed
- Build positive relationships across multiple teams and leaders including Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Customer Support, ensuring the right features are designed and delivered on time and with the highest quality, both internally and with partner teams.
- Drive dependencies with teams across multiple business units at various levels
- Drive day-to-day progress of assigned programs and projects and keep various levels of management informed of project status and health
- Drive strategic and tactical decisions for the projects
- Create repeatable, sustainable and scalable processes that enable frictionless experiences for both internal users and our customers
- Build efficiency in communication and development process and guide the team to use project delivery processes to scope work effectively
- Remove team impediments, pursue issues and risks, craft mitigation plans and bring them up to appropriate decision makers
- Report project status to team members and management with the right level of detail and strategic importance
- Willingness to “wear many hats” and help where help is needed
- Work collaboratively with engineers, designers, and members of the marketing team to improve sprint efficiency and output
- Work with our engineering and data team to monitor key metrics and tracking parameters
- Proactively report on metrics and present progress to stakeholders, create both weekly and ad hoc reports as needed
Experience and Requirements:
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in Product Management, Project Management, or as a Program Manager
- A passion for camping and the outdoors
- Experience at a growth phase consumer facing SaaS company, or clear demonstration of thriving in a rapidly evolving team environment
- Project management skills and experience in organizing across cross-functional teams, especially across projects with competing resources and priorities
- Excellent personal organizational, communication and presentation skills for internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of the tools and processes development teams use to develop, build, and test integrations
Not sure you meet all of the requirements, but are passionate about the outdoors and have product management experience? We’d still love to hear from you!
The Dyrt is built by campers, for campers—whether you’re new to camping or have been camping your whole life.
We encourage everyone to spend more time outside, including employees. We offer competitive market-rate salaries, a generous vacation plan, and we even pay employee bonuses for using The Dyrt in the wild.
This is a full-time remote position. Employees are expected to have high-speed internet and a professional working environment sufficient for clear video conferencing during regular working hours. Many of our employees work virtually from Portland, OR but we’re flexible on location and encourage all to explore. Our founders even work from their van.
The Dyrt is an equal opportunity workplace. We are especially proud to have a female founder and a higher percentage of female employees than the national average for tech companies. We believe that the outdoors are for everyone, and are committed to building an inclusive platform and community that encourages, supports, and celebrates all people interested in camping.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
About The Dyrt
The Dyrt was started in Portland, OR, is venture-backed, and has 40+ employees working virtually around the U.S.