Note: ESS is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our employees and community therefore we require COVID-19 vaccinations as a condition of employment.
Catalyzing a cleaner future.
At ESS (NYSE: GWH), our mission is to accelerate global decarbonization by providing safe, sustainable, long-duration energy storage that powers people, communities, and businesses with clean, renewable energy anytime and anywhere it’s needed. As more renewable energy is added to the grid, long- duration energy storage is essential to providing the reliability and resiliency we need when the sun is not shining and the wind is not blowing.
Our technology uses earth-abundant iron, salt, and water to deliver environmentally safe solutions capable of providing up to 12 hours of flexible energy capacity for commercial and utility-scale energy storage applications. Established in 2011, ESS Inc. enables project developers, independent power producers, utilities, and other large energy users to deploy reliable, sustainable long-duration energy storage solutions. For more information visit www.essinc.com.
We are looking for a motivated and versatile Logistics Manager to join our team.
What you’ll do at ESS.
- Develop and implement logistics strategies/plans, budgets, and procedures to maximize compliance and satisfy customer needs
- Manage logistics partners to drive on-time performance and grow logistics capacity to support growth projections
- Develop processes, tool, and metrics to optimize logistics costs
- Manage all inbound material logistics
- Manage outbound customer shipments including close coordination with field service teams and site commissioning activities
- Exhibit thorough understanding of international shipment requirements, documentation, and compliance requirements
- Develop departmental policies and procedures to standardize operations
- Identify 3rd party services to support storage or fulfillment needs to satisfy all customer delivery requirements
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other departments to streamline logistics and fulfillment operations
- Provide leadership and direction for logistics personnel and shapes departmental vision
What you bring to the table.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation, Logistics, or Business Administration preferred, but not required.
- Working knowledge of international import/export regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of assigned geographic regions.
- Ability to plan and organize workload under limited supervision.
- Ability to travel as required.
We’d love to see.
- US Customs license.
- Knowledge of ISO.
Benefits of working at ESS.
In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, ESS offers Company assisted medical, dental and vision, 401k, PTO, 8 paid holidays, and approved PPE reimbursement.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, without a need for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.