ESS is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our employees and community therefore we require COVID-19 vaccinations as a condition of employment.
Catalyzing a cleaner future.
At ESS (NYSE: GWH), our mission is to accelerate global decarbonization by providing safe, sustainable, long-duration energy storage that powers people, communities, and businesses with clean, renewable energy anytime and anywhere it’s needed. As more renewable energy is added to the grid, long- duration energy storage is essential to providing the reliability and resiliency we need when the sun is not shining and the wind is not blowing.
Our technology uses earth-abundant iron, salt, and water to deliver environmentally safe solutions capable of providing up to 12 hours of flexible energy capacity for commercial and utility-scale energy storage applications. Established in 2011, ESS Inc. enables project developers, independent power producers, utilities, and other large energy users to deploy reliable, sustainable long-duration energy storage solutions. For more information visit www.essinc.com.
ESS has an aggressive growth plan and the need for talent is ongoing to support our plan. If you are a self-motivated, detail-oriented, and proactive, this Sr. Recruiter role could be a good fit for you.
Responsibilities include promoting the company to candidates and external service providers; surfacing candidates and developing networks of people and processes to support a strong pipeline of qualified candidates. To be successful in this role, you should have demonstrated experience recruiting for engineering roles. You should be able to combine your knowledge of sourcing techniques with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ultimately, you will be responsible for building a strong talent pipeline for our company’s current and future staffing needs.
What you’ll do at ESS.
- Use a variety of sources (e.g., LinkedIn, Facebook, Indeed, etc.) to identify and connect with potential candidates
- Pre-screens resumes and evaluates effectiveness of electronic candidate evaluation tools.
- Interact with professionals on niche platforms to identify active and passive candidates
- Recruit and screen all candidates for assigned roles
- Collaborate with hiring managers to identify each position’s requirements
- Communicate with hiring managers on a regular basis with status updates
- Develop robust recruiting strategies to attract top talent
- Develop a network of potential candidates and industry professionals
- Identify future hiring needs and proactively source potential hires
- Act as the primary contact for international candidates and employment authorization requirements
- Measure and report on recruiting metrics, like Hiring Source and Time-to-Fill
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 5 years’ experience preferred; technically savvy, advanced experience with social media sourcing efforts
- Must have proven engineering and corporate recruiting experience.
- Verifiable experience recruiting Mechanical, Electrical, R&D, and Manufacturing Engineers
- Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems and Human Resources Management software (we use ADP WFN)
- Experience working with international candidates (OPT, H1, GC, TN, etc.)
- Familiarity with social networks, professional sites, and resume databases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (particularly business email writing knowledge)
- proven time-management skills with the ability to handle various open positions simultaneously
Benefits of working at ESS.
In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, ESS offers Company assisted medical, dental and vision, 401k with Company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), a generous PTO accrual, and 8 paid holidays.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, without need for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.