At ESS (NYSE: GWH), our mission is to accelerate global decarbonization by providing safe, sustainable, long-duration energy storage that powers people, communities, and businesses with clean, renewable energy anytime and anywhere it’s needed. As more renewable energy is added to the grid, long- duration energy storage is essential to providing the reliability and resiliency we need when the sun is not shining and the wind is not blowing.
Our technology uses earth-abundant iron, salt, and water to deliver environmentally safe solutions capable of providing up to 12 hours of flexible energy capacity for commercial and utility-scale energy storage applications. Established in 2011, ESS Inc. enables project developers, independent power producers, utilities, and other large energy users to deploy reliable, sustainable long-duration energy storage solutions. For more information visit www.essinc.com.
ESS is looking for a motivated, hard-working Assembly Technician to join our team. The Assembler is responsible for constructing repeatable battery assemblies and components in our in our Stacks department. This person may be asked to perform other duties determined by the dynamic needs of a fast-growing, start-up environment.
What you'll do at ESS.
- Construct, assemble, and quality test assemblies.
- Use hand or powered tools for the assembly of components.
- Set up, operate, and maintain test equipment per pre-defined procedures to evaluate performance of assemblies and record results.
- Work with mechanical, electrical, and manufacturing engineers to improve assembly process and quality.
- Perform in-process quality control inspections per pre-defined procedures to ensure the quality of the work performed and the functionality of the components and/or modules.
- Maintain clean working environment and give input for floor organization and flow.
What you bring to the table.
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with dynamic daily priorities.
- Ability to follow job required standards and safety protocols, per pre-defined processes.
- Ability to fluently read and write English, comprehend, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to use basic hand tools including wrenches, hammer, calipers, tape measure, etc.
- Ability to perform basic math skills consistently without error
- Ability to read, understand, and perform assembly tasks per defined procedures.
- Ability to take and follow detailed notes.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a small, dynamic team.
- Ability to wear Personal Protection Equipment according to OSHA rules and regulations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Benefits of working at ESS.
In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, ESS offers Company assisted medical, dental and vision, 401k with Company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), a generous PTO accrual, and 8 paid holidays.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, without need for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.