Who we are:
Green Canopy NODE is a mission-driven, vertically integrated construction technology firm, residential developer, and fund manager. The company’s mission is to build homes, relationships, and businesses that help regenerate communities and environments. Our team is a group of deeply authentic, mission-aligned people working to bring all-electric, sustainable, healthy housing to all income levels.
This is an exciting time to join our growing team! The construction industry is ripe for disruption and evolution. Leveraging our construction tech expertise and deep industry experience, our team is working on scaling construction technology to lower building costs, help decarbonize the built environment, and help our clients and partners achieve their development objectives for less time and cost.
Who we’re looking for:
We seek a Construction Carpenter with a deep commitment to building sustainable and resilient homes and communities. You will succeed in this position if you can bring attention to detail, an open mind, curiosity, and an ambition to grow and learn from others personally and professionally. This role will perform a wide variety of construction tasks including carpentry, repairs, punch lists and warranty-related work. The individual in this role will work closely with the Project Managers and Site Supervisors to complete needed tasks ranging from building forms for small concrete pours to touch up painting in finished homes. This position is not entirely limited to the responsibilities outlined in this job description.
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum of 2 years’ residential carpentry construction experience required
- Demonstrated understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction, including safe installation practices and safe use of all equipment and ladders
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers, etc.)
- Experience managing punch list
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings (plan sets)
- High-school diploma or equivalent required
- Understanding of health and safety practices in residential construction required
- Demonstrated proficiency in using computers and mobile devices to perform work in the field
- Ability to adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities routinely
- Aptitude for learning new construction technologies and practices
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
- High degree of professionalism required with exceptional communication skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license reliable transportation for frequent travel between job sites during the day
Great to have:
- Understanding of the jurisdictional inspection process preferred
- OSHA health and safety training highly preferred
- Spanish Fluency
- Experience using Autodesk Construction Cloud
- Carpentry tools for residential carpentry work preferred but not required
Finish Carpentry and Construction Tasks
- Install and repair of interior trim details
- Install, repair and adjustment of cabinetry
- Read blueprints and drawings to grasp requirements of required tasks
- Perform framing punch list tasks including sheathing, blocking, over framing and use of saws and pneumatic tools as necessary
- Perform small scale insulating and air sealing
- Perform drywall repairs
- Perform interior and exterior touch up painting
- Demolition and investigation of leaks and other warranty issues
- Frame door and window openings, and install windows and doors as needed
- Operate Company vehicles to transport lumber and other materials to and from job sites throughout Seattle if needed
Jobsite Safety and Security
- Follows all health and safety regulations when operating equipment
- Demonstrate safe use of ladders, hand tools, power tools and pneumatic tools.
- Perform correct installation of safety rails at windows, doors and stairs
- Ensure adherence to Company safety and security protocols at all times, including reporting safety or security concerns
- Secure the job site prior to departure as needed
- Responsible for compiling construction materials lists, collecting materials and delivery to the project site
- May complete additional assigned labor tasks by site supervisor or project manager, including light-hand excavation such as digging, moving dirt or compacting space, and clean-up tasks
- Safely operate any construction and maintenance hand tools and equipment to complete daily tasks
- Ensures construction equipment and tools are cleaned and stored properly after use
Position and hours:
- This is an hourly, non-exempt and full-time position, working both indoors and outdoors in variable weather conditions on job sites in the Seattle area as well as regular visits to our Seattle shop for meetings.
- Hours for this position are typically Monday-Friday, from 7:30-4:00pm.
- This position is primarily based in the Seattle, WA area. Candidates must be based locally prior to beginning work. Occasional work in Portland may be required depending on project needs. Travel to Portland is expected to be less than 1 week per quarter.
- This position involves frequent movement, including repetitive motions, lifting and carrying materials up to 50 pounds.
Compensation and benefits:
- Hourly rate between $30.00-32.00
- Employee Stock Options
- Starting annual PTO of 120 hours per year
- Monthly Technology stipend of $50
- Monthly Wellness stipend of $25
- Monthly Vehicle stipend of $250
- Monthly Gas Card benefit of $150
- 100% employer-paid health coverage for medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance for employees
- Company-sponsored Employee Assistance Program
- Company 401(k) plan
- Company-paid parental leave
- Leadership development and training for all employees
To help us get to know you better, please apply with the following information:
- A copy of your resume or work history
- A brief explanation of why you would like to work with Green Canopy NODE (see question below)
We want to connect with candidates who are excited about and want to be a part of the work we are doing at Green Canopy NODE.
Find out if YOU want to be a part of the team. Learn more at some of the links below:
- Website: https://www.greencanopynode.com/
- Purposeful Growth Video, Mission and Values: https://www.greencanopynode.com/mission-values
- Theory of Change: https://www.greencanopynode.com/impact
- Regenerative Real Estate Podcast: https://www.greencanopynode.com/blog/seeing-hope-differently-with-aaron-fairchild-regenerative-real-estate-podcast
- Merger Announcement: https://www.greencanopynode.com/blog/green-canopy-node-announce-merger
We look forward to hearing from you!
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
To accomplish our mission, it is essential our team include diverse perspectives and lived experiences. Green Canopy NODE believes that cultivating a culture of belonging can help all our team members grow and thrive. We nurture an equitable and inclusive work environment through our co-created and shared set of values and through ongoing learning, education and training. Green Canopy NODE is also proud to be a second-chance employer. We acknowledge the challenges that people with conviction histories or those who are formerly incarcerated face. We are actively working to remove barriers to employment for all individuals and we do not perform background checks. We welcome you to apply and join us in our journey to become an equitable and inclusive workplace.