ESS is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our employees and community therefore we require COVID-19 vaccinations as a condition of employment.
Catalyzing a cleaner future.
ESS is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy storage and is consistently identified as one of the most innovative and exciting technology players in energy storage. Trading on the NYSE (GWH), ESS is poised to be one of the fastest growing energy technology companies in the world, with projects already across 4 continents. The ESS vision is about enabling the decarbonization of the grid by enabling us to achieve up to 100% of our electricity from clean, sustainable renewable energy.
These are ambitious goals, and we are pursuing them with passion. At ESS, we are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
ESS is looking for a motivated and versatile Industrial Engineer to assist with the setup of our new automation line, and subsequently to monitor operations and determine more efficient production processes. The industrial engineer's responsibilities include analyzing operations, designing workflows and production processes, reducing inefficiency, and ensuring that final products meet the established quality standards. This role is office-based at our HQ and manufacturing facility in Wilsonville, Oregon.
What you’ll do at ESS.
- Reviewing production schedules, processes, specifications, and related information.
- Designing production processes that maximize efficiency and reduce waste.
- Developing and implementing process improvements and technological upgrades.
- Designing control systems to minimize costs and production issues.
- Developing design and production standards in cooperation with management and user personnel.
- Preparing material and equipment lists, purchase orders, cost analyses, and estimated production costs.
- Designing the layout of facilities and determining personnel requirements.
- Training staff for new processes and providing instructions and manuals.
- Managing process documentation and preparing production reports.
What you bring to the table.
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering or related field, and relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of Industrial Engineering experience
- Advanced knowledge of production machinery, processes, and standards.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Troubleshooting skills and attention to detail.
- Documentation and organization skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office and AutoCAD.
- Simulation experience (preferred)
Benefits of joining the ESS team
ESS offers an exceptional total compensation and benefits package for our team members and their families. The primary highlights include:
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure
- Significant equity/stock package in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including Cigna medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability protection, as well as excellent PTO and 8 company paid holidays
- Company 401k program with up to a 4% match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, without a need for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.