Founded in 2013, Onboard Dynamics is leading the climate-tech revolution with the introduction of its unique, patented natural gas compression technology. This mobile, scalable, affordable technology platform enables our customers to achieve economic value and environmental benefits by simplifying the compression and movement of natural gas. Whether they are deployed at a remote pipeline job site, in the field, or at a fleet yard, our product solutions can accept any low-pressure natural gas or a renewable natural gas source and then compress or move this natural gas for responsible use. And, there is no need for any external power source to operate.
Onboard Dynamics is looking for a talented engineer to work in a fast-paced technology development and commercialization environment. This position will involve a variety of tasks including product design, development testing , data acquisition and analysis of natural gas compressor technologies.
In this role, you will interface within the Engineering Team, Manufacturing and Operations, Electrical/Controls Engineering and Administration to ensure timely and effective execution of company milestones and deliverables associated with the design and testing of the Onboard Dynamics products (GoFlo, GoVAC). Overall responsibilities will include the design of new system componentry, fabrication, implementation and operation of the company’s dynamometer and test facility, working with the team to set up and conduct testing on current products and assisting with the product development of new designs. Position will utilize the NI data acquisition equipment and software along with the new control systems into the testing facility. This work will include high pressure system designs with compressed natural gas. This position will work with Purchasing to develop the company’s supply partners in obtaining the required hardware and instrumentation to accurately develop our products. This position will be based in the Onboard Dynamics Bend office, limited travel may be required.
- Produce 3D part designs and drawings in SolidWorks for new component designs and parts associated with various Onboard Dynamics testing requirements;
- Component and system development with thorough instrumentation and data analysis;
- Familiarity with data acquisition systems (LabVIEW) and instrumentation technology;
- Create testing system diagrams using Visio or similar software;
- Develop new and maintain existing relationships with engineering partners, suppliers, and contractors;
- Assist in full system integration of current designs to validate performance objectives for varied customer requirements and
- Instrumentation specification to accurately characterize the performance of our systems.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering preferred or other BS degree with equivalent technical training
- 3 or more years of experience with mechanical design and development
- Proficiency in SolidWorks, MatLAB and LabView preferred
- Automotive, machine shop or hands on development experience preferred
- Strong teamwork skills and attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic about developing new, challenging technology