At ESS (NYSE: GWH), our mission is to accelerate global decarbonization by providing safe, sustainable, long-duration energy storage that powers people, communities, and businesses with clean, renewable energy anytime and anywhere it’s needed. As more renewable energy is added to the grid, long- duration energy storage is essential to providing the reliability and resiliency we need when the sun is not shining and the wind is not blowing.
Our technology uses earth-abundant iron, salt, and water to deliver environmentally safe solutions capable of providing up to 12 hours of flexible energy capacity for commercial and utility-scale energy storage applications. Established in 2011, ESS Inc. enables project developers, independent power producers, utilities, and other large energy users to deploy reliable, sustainable long-duration energy storage solutions. For more information visit www.essinc.com.
ESS is looking for an exceptional Test Engineer (Battery Systems) to join our team. This engineer is responsible for testing and validating performance of our battery system and supporting subsystems. This is a hands-on, on-site test engineering role based at our HQ and manufacturing facility in Wilsonville, Oregon.
What you’ll do at ESS.
- Plan and conduct battery system testing for production and/or R&D battery systems
- Analyze, summarize, and report battery testing data regularly
- Perform basic mechanical and electrical troubleshooting using common diagnostic tools
- Maintain battery system health and facilitate maintenance activities
What you bring to the table.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related disciplines
- Knowledge of wet chemistry, electrochemistry, and batteries
- Experience working in a wet-chemistry lab
- Comfortable working with chemicals, including acid and base
- Comfortable working with electronics such as battery testing instruments
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
We’d love to see:
- 2 or more years of related experience
- Experience with battery or fuel cell testing
Benefits of joining the ESS team
ESS offers an exceptional total compensation and benefits package for our team members and their families. The primary highlights include:
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure
- Significant equity/stock package in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Company 401k program with up to a 4% match
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including Cigna medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability protection, as well as excellent PTO and 8 company paid holidays
- Relocation assistance for non-local candidates
For fully qualified candidates with questions about the opportunity or needing assistance in the application process, please contact our recruiting team at 503-342-0295.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, without a need for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.