ESS is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our employees and community therefore we require COVID-19 vaccinations as a condition of employment.
Catalyzing a cleaner future.
At ESS (NYSE: GWH), our mission is to accelerate global decarbonization by providing safe, sustainable, long-duration energy storage that powers people, communities, and businesses with clean, renewable energy anytime and anywhere it’s needed. As more renewable energy is added to the grid, long- duration energy storage is essential to providing the reliability and resiliency we need when the sun is not shining and the wind is not blowing.
Our technology uses earth-abundant iron, salt, and water to deliver environmentally safe solutions capable of providing up to 12 hours of flexible energy capacity for commercial and utility-scale energy storage applications. Established in 2011, ESS Inc. enables project developers, independent power producers, utilities, and other large energy users to deploy reliable, sustainable long-duration energy storage solutions. For more information visit www.essinc.com.
ESS is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to support our growing organization.
What you’ll do at ESS.
- Prepare journal entries, account reconciliations, and bank reconciliations for accounts that are complex in nature, have a large volume of transactions, and material balances
- Analyze goods received and invoiced to accurately account for accrued payables
- Accounting for fixed assets, including tagging, depreciation, retirement, and physical inventory
- Invoice customers and post cash receipts
- Review and explain period over period changes on the income statement and balance sheet
- Assist in preparation of various footnote schedule support for SEC Form 10-Q and Form 10-K
- Gain and maintain knowledge and integrity of accounting system, policies, and procedures
- Develop and document business processes to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Prepare supplementary schedules for internal and external auditors during quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Collaborate with various groups outside accounting to support business goals providing ad-hoc reports and analysis
- Assist with the annual 1099s
- Perform other ad-hoc reporting, accounting projects, or ERP testing as needed
What you bring to the table.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 3-5 years of GL accounting experience; additional public accounting experience preferred
- Good understanding of GAAP
- Strong Excel proficiency (pivot tables, vlookup, etc.)
- Strong PC and Microsoft skills – Teams, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Experience with enterprise ERP system (Oracle, SAP, etc.) in a manufacturing environment
- Positive attitude and desire to improve and learn new things
- Strong PC and MS Office skills – Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
Benefits of working at ESS.
In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, ESS offers Company assisted medical, dental and vision, 401k with Company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), generous PTO accrual, and 8 paid holidays.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, without a need for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.