CrowdStreet is looking for our new Director of Information Security to manage our technology security program as we continue to scale up. You will work collaboratively across all departments to advocate for a security-first culture, implementing a mature security strategy that includes best practices. Reporting directly to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), you will hire and mentor a team of expert security engineers.
The Success You'll Build:
- Define an Information Security strategy that aligns with our goals and risk tolerance
- Develop Cybersecurity programs, security policies and standards, including an incident response plan
- Oversee implementation and compliance of the Cybersecurity program
- Curate and maintain threat model and possible attack vectors
- Evaluate new cybersecurity threats and trends, and develop security controls to mitigate risk
- Research and promote new security standards and technologies
- Provide security risk guidance for technology and IT projects, including third-party vendor evaluation
- Develop security awareness training, including training for secure coding best practices
- Evaluate CrowdStreet technology and data concerning security risks
- Identify potential security breaches, coordinate response, and remediation plans
- Lead security audits, penetration tests, and review of controls
- Hire a small team of information and application security engineers
- Provide career development, goal setting, and coaching to direct reports
The Experiences That Will Help You Succeed:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience in information security or related role
- 3+ years of experience managing information and application security engineers from comparable industry
- Experience building security programs in regulated industries
- Industry security certifications such as CISSP, CISM, GIAC, etc.
- Experience securing systems in Cloud Service Providers, ideally AWS
- Experience working with SIEMs and EDR systems and services
The Competencies You'll Need:
- Genuine passion for promoting security best practices
- Calm and collected even under pressure
- Advocate for security programs across departments
- Educator for best practices and policies
We offer comprehensive health care including dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible PTO, family leave, a 401K, a monthly stipend to support remote work, and regular in-person gatherings, and a culture created through shared core values. See more detail about our benefits here.
CrowdStreet is the leading online commercial real estate investing marketplace. Our customer, the individual investor, joins the CrowdStreet community to learn about and invest directly in institutional-quality private real estate deals. Our mission is to provide the best online real estate investing experience and make it easy for individual investors to diversify their portfolios.
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are necessary to achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a variety of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.