The Dyrt is the largest digital camping platform in the world. Every second, a new user visits The Dyrt to access our community-driven campground information.
If you love the outdoors and want to be part of a fast-growing consumer app, you’re in the right place.
We’re seeking a Senior Product Designer to join our talented Product and Engineering team that is building the next generation of our free and paid services for campers. As a Senior Product Designer, you will be responsible for bringing our product roadmap to life with fun and engaging experiences that meet business objectives.
This position will report to the Senior Product Manager
We’re looking for people who:
- Understand how to deliver design work that achieves business goals.
- Are great communicators — Effective communication is key to how we work. We value patience and empathy in our product planning, support, and day-to-day relations.
- Work well both collaboratively and independently
- Bring strategic product thinking based on business goals into your design work.
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to simplify complex problems into fun and easy-to-use experiences that deliver measurable results
- Craft designs that work within and continue to expand and refine our design system.
- Deliver clear and polished final design specs to our dev team
- Play an integral part in growing the design team at The Dyrt
- Manage a junior designer
Experience and Requirements:
- Minimum 6 years experience in Product Design
- Proven track record of meeting business goals through design
- A passion for camping and the outdoors.
- Experience designing features for iOS, Android and web.
- Experience building, maintaining, and loving a component based design system.
- Deep understanding of UX research practices and how to bring user insights into design solutions.
- Strong balance of both visual and user experience design skills
- Excellent personal organizational, communication and presentation skills for internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent leadership skills plus a capacity for continual learning and strong desire to grow a team and others around you
- Passion for conceiving, designing, building, shipping, and sustaining amazing software products
The Dyrt is built by campers, for campers—whether you’re new to camping or have been camping your whole life.
We encourage everyone to spend more time outside, including employees. We offer competitive market-rate salaries, a generous vacation plan, and we even pay employee bonuses for using The Dyrt in the wild.
This is a full-time remote position. Employees are expected to have high-speed internet and a professional working environment sufficient for clear video conferencing during regular working hours. Many of our employees work virtually from Portland, OR but we’re flexible on location and encourage all to explore. Our founders even work from their van.
The Dyrt is an equal opportunity workplace. We are especially proud to have a female founder and a higher percentage of female employees than the national average for tech companies. We believe that the outdoors are for everyone, and are committed to building an inclusive platform and community that encourages, supports, and celebrates all people interested in camping.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
About The Dyrt
The Dyrt was started in Portland, OR, is venture-backed, and has 40-50 employees working virtually around the U.S.