At ESS (NYSE: GWH), our mission is to accelerate global decarbonization by providing safe, sustainable, long-duration energy storage that powers people, communities, and businesses with clean, renewable energy anytime and anywhere it’s needed. As more renewable energy is added to the grid, long- duration energy storage is essential to providing the reliability and resiliency we need when the sun is not shining and the wind is not blowing.
Our technology uses earth-abundant iron, salt, and water to deliver environmentally safe solutions capable of providing up to 12 hours of flexible energy capacity for commercial and utility-scale energy storage applications. Established in 2011, ESS Inc. enables project developers, independent power producers, utilities, and other large energy users to deploy reliable, sustainable long-duration energy storage solutions. For more information visit www.essinc.com.
ESS is hiring an experienced Director of Project Engineering to support our fast-growing organization. The Director of Project Engineering oversees the NPI process and engage resources from R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Sales to ensure timely and effective product development.
What you’ll do at ESS.
- Lead multidisciplinary development projects such as the Energy Warehouse and Energy Center. Scope includes Product Requirement Document (PRD), Functional Requirements (FR), Product Specifications (PS), and conducting Design reviews (FMEA tools).
- Develop schedules and budgets to meet key deliverables.
- Track progress against these schedules and budgets and provide reports to senior management.
- Meet cost targets for new products. Project management of assigned cost reduction projects for existing products.
- Lead the certification of new products.
- Oversee the maintenance of engineering systems (ECR, RFE, etc.).
- Use systematic techniques to break technical projects into fundamental task requirements. Obtain (negotiate for) resources as needed, communicate direction to team members, assign tasks as appropriate, and ensure that commitments are met.
- Develop and track project plans, and formally communicating same.
- Maintain project budgeting controls
- Support timely introduction on any new products or product upgrades in the designated Value Stream area; including development of product costs (COGS)
- Support qualification of new products/processes and ensure compliance to quality standards through execution of protocols.
- Ensure safety compliance in the area and supporting both conduction and timely closeout of risk assessments.
What you bring to the table.
- 10+ years of experience leading project engineering with a focus on large industrial system.
- Demonstrated technical and professional competencies on high profile projects, coordinating project activities across multi-functional and cross-geographical teams to meet project deliverables.
- Expert knowledge with DOE techniques, statistical analysis tools, and/or DFM principles.
- Experience interacting with Lab and Engineering operations.
Benefits of working at ESS.
In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, ESS offers Company assisted medical, dental and vision, 401k with Company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), unlimited PTO, and 8 paid holidays.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, without a need for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.