Green Canopy NODE is a mission-driven, vertically integrated construction technology firm, residential developer, and fund manager. The company’s mission is to build homes, relationships, and businesses that help regenerate communities and environments. Our team is a group of deeply authentic, mission-aligned people working to bring all-electric, sustainable, healthy housing to all income levels.
This is an exciting time to join our growing team! The construction industry is ripe for disruption and evolution. Leveraging our construction tech expertise and deep industry experience, our team is working on scaling construction technology to lower building costs, help decarbonize the built environment, and help our clients and partners achieve their development objectives for less time and cost.
Who we’re looking for:
Green Canopy NODE is seeking a mission-aligned, Customer Services Technician with a deep commitment to building sustainable and resilient communities. The Customer Services Technician is a representative of Green Canopy NODE and works directly with our Sales team, project managers (“PM”), and our Green Canopy NODE customers (home buyers, renters, and clients) during project close-out and sales punch list through to one-year warranty work and beyond. The Customer Services Technician attends on-site meetings during the 60 days prior to project handoff from the Construction Channel to the Sales Channel and acts as a representative for the Sales team.
What you bring to the table:
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ prior experience in single or multifamily residential or commercial construction repairs, construction warranty, or real estate
- Knowledge of construction vocabulary
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Aptitude for learning new software and construction technologies
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be detail-oriented and methodical
- Must be an effective and high-level communicator including active listening skills, conflict management and resolution, and collaborative problem-solving
- Must be comfortable initiating, facilitating, and/or leading difficult conversations; and receive difficult information or communication in a professional and composed manner
- Demonstrated proficiency in using mobile devices to perform work in the field
- Ability to adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities routinely
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Must possess a valid driver's license and reliable transportation for frequent travel between job sites and meetings in the Seattle area
Great to have:
- Construction project management experience, training, and/or relevant experience in planning, time management, task management, and team coordination.
- Manage the daily service activities of the Sales and Warranty Project WIP and all warranty and service claims from the point of sale through One Year Warranty Walkthrough and beyond.
- Verify completion of punch list on each project prior to handoff to customer
- During the Warranty phases, plan, schedule, coordinate, supervise and manage the daily activities of all subcontractors and Company employees on-site and confirm the work is performed in a manner that is compliant with the Master Services Agreement and Project Subcontract Agreement.
- Create Scopes of Work, budgets, and timelines for all repair work including buyer blue tape repairs, warranty repairs, and other work as requested by Sales team.
- Submit Scopes of Work, budgets, and timelines for approval by the VP Construction.
- Schedule appointments for service calls, and coordinate site access with homeowners for service work to be performed in line with the Scope of Work and within the established timeline.
- Create and maintain Scopes of Work and punch lists on a project management system as determined by the Company, including regular progress updates as work is completed on-site per Company process.
- Meet with residents on-site to verify completion of work prior to final sign-off as needed on a case-by-case basis, acknowledging completion via DocuSign.
- Ensure subcontractors secure, preserve, and maintain job sites in a manner that is consistent with Company standards and does not create safety hazards for other subcontractors, residents, or members of the community.
- Conduct Preconstruction Reviews with every subcontractor prior to commencement of their Scope of Work to ensure the scope, timeline, and expectations are clear.
- Conduct Final Inspections at every phase of each subcontractor’s and/or employee’s Scope of Work to ensure quality of the work
- Provide on-site direction for all Company Field Associate’s and contracted labor.
- Generate and provide reports as requested by other Channels.
- Work collaboratively with the Customer Services Representative to help the CSR understand the customer service issue and map the response to the customer
- The Customer Services Technician is expected to diagnose, troubleshoot, and recommend repairs in line with Company values and needs, balancing recommendations for repairs while considering quality, cost, resident impact, and time.
- The Customer Services Technician may occasionally have to perform work inside or outside in all weather conditions and is expected to perform the work needed to secure and protect the property until permanent repairs can be made.
Position and hours:
- This is an exempt, full-time position, typically working Monday through Friday. Some hours outside of normal business hours will be required at times in order to meet deadlines or accommodate client and homeowner needs.
- This position is based in the Seattle, WA area. Candidates must based locally prior to beginning work.
- This is partially a work-from-home position, with additional time spent in the office or on project sites in the Seattle area. Returning to work in the office full-time will be at the Company’s discretion.
- This position will require travel to project sites in the Seattle area or client meetings approximately 2-3 times per week. The amount of time spent onsite on any given day may vary depending on the needs of the project.
- Occasional travel to local jurisdiction offices or other special events may be required.
Compensation and benefits:
- Salary range between $65,000-$70,000 annually
- Employee Stock Options
- Starting annual PTO of 120 hours per year
- Monthly Technology stipend of $50
- Monthly Wellness stipend of $25
- 100% employer-paid health coverage for medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance for employees
- Company-sponsored Employee Assistance Program
- Company 401(k) plan
- Company-paid parental leave for new parents
- Leadership development and training for all employees
To help us get to know you better, please apply with the following information:
- A cover letter telling us why you would like to work with Green Canopy NODE. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
- A copy of your resume
We want to connect with candidates who are excited about and want to be a part of the work we are doing at Green Canopy NODE.
Find out if YOU want to be a part of the team. Learn more at some of the links below:
- Website: https://www.greencanopynode.com/
- Purposeful Growth Video, Mission and Values: https://www.greencanopynode.com/mission-values
- Theory of Change: https://www.greencanopynode.com/impact
- Regenerative Real Estate Podcast: https://chooselatitude.com/journal/aaron-fairchild
- Merger Announcement: https://www.greencanopynode.com/blog/green-canopy-node-announce-merger
We look forward to hearing from you!
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
To accomplish our mission, it is essential our team include diverse perspectives and lived experiences. Green Canopy NODE believes that cultivating a culture of belonging can help all our team members grow and thrive. We nurture an equitable and inclusive work environment through our co-created and shared set of values and through ongoing learning, education and training. Green Canopy NODE is also proud to be a second-chance employer. We acknowledge the challenges that people with conviction histories or those who are formerly incarcerated face. We are actively working to remove barriers to employment for all individuals and we do not perform background checks. We welcome you to apply and join us in our journey to become an equitable and inclusive workplace.