Our newly created Accountant, Corporate Operations manages financial reporting and accounting operations of the company, including preparation of accurate financial reports, the maintenance of a financial system of records, development of internal controls, documentation of processes, supporting audits, and managing finance operations (payroll operations and tax compliance), among other assigned tasks. You will report directly to the Accounting Manager, Corporate Reporting and Operations and work directly with Accounting and Human Resources. This new role will be an important contributor as we build our workforce and benefits in the years to come and will provide ample opportunities to grow with the company.
The Success You'll Build:
- Lead all payroll operations and tax compliance efforts for our multi-state payroll including the oversight of a third-party payroll administrator
- Lead activities such as bi-weekly payroll runs, the monthly close, commission processing, equity administration, account reconciliations, and ad hoc projects
- Ensure all government reporting and withholdings requirements for payroll tax compliance are met and evaluate impact of changes to regulatory taxes and laws
- Respond and resolve payroll requests and issues from employees, including wage discrepancies, garnishments, court orders, unemployment questionnaires, and verification of wages
- Prepare reports for management, reconcile payroll related expenses to the general ledger, and support annual and periodic audits
- Partner with Human Resources,IT, and the third-party payroll and benefits providers to update systems for changes to employee benefit plans and us
- Continue to develop upon internal policies, procedures, and controls including development of formal internal procedure manuals and a payroll calendar to monitor compliance
- Lead Finance efforts to implement a new payroll system and provider
- Provide support for strategic and operational goals such as new compensation and benefit plans
- Work with teams across the company to support operations and implement process improvements to support scale our infrastructure and operations
The Experiences That Will Help You Succeed:
- 5+ years of progressive accounting, operations and audit experience, including experience at a major public accounting firm or public company
- Experience as a payroll manager including oversight of a payroll vendor relationships
- Experience working in a growth organization and ability to improve operations while supporting daily operations
- BSc/BA in business, accounting or relevant field
The Competencies You'll Need:
- Experience with accounting fundamentals, operations, controls and payroll best practices preferably with expertise in payroll tax compliance and payroll operations
- Understanding of Human Resources operations and experience working with the HR organization
- Experience migrating payroll operations to a new platform
- Attention to confidentiality
- Current CPA designation
We offer comprehensive health care including dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible PTO, family leave, a 401K, a monthly stipend to support remote work, and regular in-person gatherings, and culture created through shared core values. See more detail about our benefits here.
CrowdStreet is the leading online commercial real estate investing marketplace. Our customer, the individual investor, joins the CrowdStreet community to learn about and invest directly in institutional-quality private real estate deals. Our mission is to deliver the best online real estate investing experience and make it easy for individual investors to diversify their portfolios.
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are essential to achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.