As a Senior Software Engineer at CrowdStreet, you’ll be a key part of our team, collaborating on a scalable, next-generation platform. You’ll bring your passion for defining, implementing and shipping software that delivers high impact value to our customers. You care about writing clean and performant code and are adept at working on front end or back end tasks. You’ll add features, help identify and resolve performance and scalability problems, and develop functionality that will enable investors to evaluate investment opportunities, complete an online investment transaction workflow, build a real estate portfolio, track investment performance and chart returns.
The Success You'll Build: Primary Responsibilities and Impact
- Design, implement and deliver production quality code to support new features on our product roadmap.
- Research new technologies and solutions as appropriate.
- Work closely with product management and business stakeholders to understand business requirements and provide accurate estimations.
- Collaborate on our technology roadmap and turn visions into reality.
- Document new and existing code; share and communicate with others on the engineering team.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to mid and earlier career engineers.
The Experiences That Will Help You Succeed:
- 8+ years experience as a software engineer building modern web applications in Java using an agile development process
- 7+ years experience with data Modeling and querying w/ SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL (such as MongoDB)
- 5+ years experience building a REST API’s
- Experience with Git, GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket or Stash.
- Passion for writing and delivering high quality code
- Able to demonstrate your experience designing and maintaining a continuous Integration delivery pipeline
- Desire to mentor and educate team members
The Competencies You’ll Need:
- Amazon Web Services (i.e., ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, SQS, RDS PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge of security best practices when building web applications
The What | Technical/Functional:
You will be working on a modern front-end stack consisting of ReactJS (w/ Redux). Our backend is comprised of Java, utilizing Lambda microservices where applicable. We use Atlassian tools (JIRA, BitBucket, BitBucket Pipelines) and Amazon Web Services for continuous integration and deployment. We follow standard Agile / Scrum processes with sprints, stories, stand-ups, retrospectives and a fast automated zero-downtime deployment process.
The How | Values:
We are a diverse and collaborative organization We are connected and motivated by our common mission and goals:
- Collaboration: Seek diverse input, engage in healthy discussion, commit to decisions
- Respect: Treat others with kindness, practice empathy and inclusion, be a positive influence on others
- Impact: Embrace the entrepreneurial journey, focus on what matters, build something meaningful
Harassment, sexism, racism, bullying, aggression, intolerance & corrosive internal politics are unacceptable. Our values and beliefs are reflected in how we hire, coach, train, lead, reward, recognize and work together as a team.
Crowdstreet Benefits and Perks
BE HEALTHY, BE HAPPY
We support the health of our employees and families through our Medical, Dental, and Vision plans which include HSA and FSA options.
TAKE A BREAK
We offer a Flexible Time Off policy to encourage you to take a break when needed. Our policy also provides time off for you to volunteer and parental leave to support your growing family.
WORK WHERE YOU WORK BEST
We know that great work can happen anywhere which is why we offer a hybrid work model. Work from home, anywhere in the continental U.S., from one of our offices (Austin, TX or Portland, OR) or some combination of the two.
We provide stock option grants for all of our new employees to keep you connected to the ongoing success of our company.
HOW YOU WORK
We provide all of our employees with a monthly stipend to use for your home office needs or support how you choose to commute to the office. Need something else to do your job? Our People Ops team can help!
BUILD YOUR CAREER
We supply a monthly stipend for your continuous learning and development. Is there a course you’ve always wanted to take? A certification you’ve wanted to achieve? A conference you’ve wanted to attend? Work with your manager to tee it up!
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet is a FinTech company dedicated to transforming the world of investing in commercial real estate (CRE) through their online marketplace. CrowdStreet gives individual investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate developers and operators (sponsors) raise capital online.
Since 2014, CrowdStreet has established itself as the leading online marketplace for institutional-quality CRE investment, generating over $2.4B of equity invested across 560 projects spanning 200+ sponsors and 13,000 active investors. The total project value that has appeared on CrowdStreet has exceeded $20B covering all asset types (office, industrial, multi-family, storage, etc), risk profile (development, opportunistic, value-add, core-plus, core), and regions of the US (40 states). Today CrowdStreet’s average investment per project is over $10 million with many raises exceeding $20 million, making it an attractive alternative funding source to institutional capital.
CrowdStreet has been recognized as a leader in the commercial real estate and technology spaces. Recent accolades include:
- Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500
- 2020 Top Places to Work, The Oregonian
- 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year
- #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
We are proud to support ‘Work Where You Work Best’ and are enthusiastically adding to our team throughout the US. We also offer two locations (AUS and PDX) for those who work best in an office.
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.