As a QA Automation Engineer at CrowdStreet, you will be contributing towards our automation framework by adding new tests and maintaining our existing automation test suite and occasionally perform manual testing. You’ll add front-end and back-end automation tests and write automation tests for cross browser and mobile testing.
The Success You’ll Build: Primary Responsibilities and Impact
- Own and execute on initiatives and processes that improve product quality with a focus on automation.
- Work closely with product managers and developers to understand the product roadmap and product specifications to help determine the right test strategy.
- Assess complexity in writing tests (functional, integration, system, performance, scalability, security), provide estimates and identify risks in timely completion.
- Expand our automation frameworks and tools, enabling them to be used across the development organization.
- Write and maintain Automation and Regression Test Suites that cover core areas of the product. Effectively communicate coverage.
- Champion quality best practices and help cultivate a quality culture through education and mentorship.
Education and Experience Requirements
- 3+ years experience as a Quality Automation Engineer in a Software SaaS Company
- 2+ years experience with Functional Automation tools e.g.Cypress, Selenium, etc
- 2+ years experience using SQL
- 2+ years experience testing APIs
The experience that will help you succeed:
- Experience using Atlassian tools - JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket
- Experience with performance testing, preferably using JMeter
- Experience with AWS (i.e., ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, SQS, RDS PostgreSQL)
- Experience with CI / CD pipelines
- Good understanding of Test Case Management tools - e.g.Test Rail, Zephyr, etc
The How | Values:
CrowdStreet Benefits and Perks
BE HEALTHY, BE HAPPY
We support the health of our employees and families through our Medical, Dental, and Vision plans which include HSA and FSA options.
TAKE A BREAK
We offer a Flexible Time Off policy to encourage you to take a break when needed. Our policy also provides time off for you to volunteer and parental leave to support your growing family.
WORK WHERE YOU WORK BEST
We know that great work can happen anywhere which is why we offer a hybrid work model. Work from home, anywhere in the continental U.S., from one of our offices (Portland, OR or Austin, TX) or some combination of the two.
We provide stock option grants for all of our new employees to keep you connected to the ongoing success of our company.
HOW YOU WORK
We're providing all of our employees with a monthly stipend to use for your home office needs or support how you choose to commute to the office. Need something else to do your job? Our People Ops team can help!
BUILD YOUR CAREER
We supply a monthly stipend for your continuous learning and development. Is there a course you’ve always wanted to take? A certification you’ve wanted to achieve? A conference you’ve wanted to attend? Work with your manager to tee it up.
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet is the leading online marketplace for institutional-quality commercial real estate investment. Our customer, the individual investor, joins the CrowdStreet community to learn about and invest directly in private real estate offerings. Our mission is to deliver the best online real estate investing experience and make it easy for individual investors to diversify their portfolios.
CrowdStreet has been recognized as a leader in the commercial real estate and technology spaces. Recent accolades include:
- Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500
- 2020 Top Places to Work, The Oregonian
- 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year
- #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
We are proud to support ‘Work Where You Work Best’ and are enthusiastically adding to our team throughout the US. We also offer two locations (AUS and PDX) for those who work best in an office.
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.