Managing Direct, Capital Markets: Build Something Meaningful
As a Managing Director, Capital Markets, you will source deals from institutional-quality CRE developers, owners, operators (collectively "sponsors") within the western region for our Marketplace. You will bring your relationships with sponsors, your knowledge of CRE capital markets and, your drive for success to build a large pipeline of opportunities. As a deal maker, a track record is essential because success in this role equates to closing several deals per month. You will work with your colleagues on the CrowdStreet Investments Team to screen new sponsors, their deals, and investment structures to uphold the excellence of our Marketplace.
Using your established reputation and relationships as a trusted CRE capital advisor, you will create new, repeat, and programmatic relationships with sponsors for CrowdStreet. You will teach prospective sponsors about online fundraising/syndication under SEC guidelines and why the CrowdStreet Marketplace is the future of CRE investing. You will acquire new sponsor customers by compelling them to try online fundraising/syndication for the first time, as an additional channel of capital and then establish CrowdStreet as a strategic partner and reliable source of equity for their future deal flow.
To support your success, you will be partnered with a Capital Markets Associate for your region, whose primary responsibilities include making outbound calls, scheduling meetings, identifying and qualifying new opportunities, and generally supporting the growth of your business.
This position is based in the U.S. and reports to our VP of Business Development.
The Success You'll Build: Primary Responsibilities
- Originate debt and equity offerings (private placements) from institutional-quality CRE owners, operators, and developers
- Develop sponsor relationships throughout the western region
- Lead your assigned Capital Markets Associate by example to produce ample activity required to manage a large pipeline of opportunities. Close several deals per month
- Identify and engage the top Ideal Sponsor Profiles in your region
- Educate sponsors about the benefits of online syndication as a source of equity financing for property development, acquisition, and recapitalization.
- Coordinate with the investments team to negotiate agreements and term sheets with sponsors for their offerings.
- Acquire new sponsor partners for their first online syndication with CrowdStreet, then
- Create long-term and programmatic relationships.
- Once a project proposal is signed, contribute to the success of your customer's online capital raise by supporting your teammates in operations and customer success.
- Contribute to the ongoing monitoring of a project during the management phase by supporting the asset performance team with sponsor reporting compliance
- Stay in constant communication with your sponsor customers and originate additional debt and equity offering opportunities over time.
The experience that will help you succeed:
- 10+ years of private equity real estate, CRE investment sales, or capital markets investment banking experience.
- Investment real estate evaluation, underwriting, and assessment skills
- Deep, meaningful relationships with CRE sponsors and brokers in the western region
- A history of exceeding quota goals
The Competencies You'll Need:
- Experience with Salesforce CRM and pipeline management
- Enthusiasm for delivering the best online real estate investing experience making it easier for individual investors to achieve smarter diversification
- Success working collaboratively to meet shared company OKRs
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are necessary to achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a variety of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the work that makes that possible.
Harassment, sexism, racism, bullying, aggression, intolerance & corrosive internal politics are unacceptable. Our values and beliefs are reflected in how we hire, coach, lead, reward, recognize and work together as a team.
We offer comprehensive health care including dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible PTO, family leave, a 401K, a monthly stipend to support remote work, and regular in-person gatherings, and culture created through shared core values. See more detail about our benefits here.