About This Role
TrovaTrip is a trip management platform and marketplace headquartered in Portland, Oregon. We connect topic experts, creators and entrepreneurs with certified trip Operators from around the globe and give them the opportunity to host once-in-a-lifetime group trips for their communities.
Product at TrovaTrip is in hypergrowth mode - we are focused on refining our platform to support the unique needs of each of our three user groups. We advocate for the need of our Users, weaving together design, experience, strategy and engineering to solve complex travel problems with an eye towards facilitating inclusive, community-building group travel experiences.
TrovaTrip is looking for an independent and motivated Product Designer to help define and guide the design direction of our platform in the face of immense growth and an ever-evolving roadmap. Our design process is nascent and rife with opportunity for influence and impact from the structure of the team and processes straight through to the core of our design identity.
As a Product Designer at TrovaTrip, you will be responsible for the strategy and delivery of the design of our platform. We'd love to talk with you if you're an experienced product designer who is ready for a new challenge in shaping the identify of a high-potential product. You are opinionated, driven, collaborative and responsive - you embrace ambiguity, prefer to move quickly and excel when solving big problems. Our platform is creating new ways for like-minded communities to experience the joy of travel in a safe and inclusive way.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Have a strong voice in major design decisions.
- Influence how the Design discipline grows at TrovaTrip.
- You care about unlocking the world of travel for everyone.
- Help reshape the future of group travel.
You will be successful here by:
- Having a perspective that you fight for.
- Being scrappy and adaptive in response to iterative needs.
- Prioritizing the things that make our users unique.
- Presenting and supporting design decisions across the organization.
- Communicating quickly, clearly and consistently.
We're excited about you because:
- You have 2+ years of experience designing and shipping software, bonus points for familiarity with modern web technologies.
- You have proficiency in experience design tools like Figma, Miro and Framer and strong feelings about why you use them.
- You love to design close to code, but think beyond it.
- You're excited about the chance to make a big impact, quickly.
- You're able to turn an objective into a plan for yourself and others.
- You're as excited about talking to Users as you are creating assets.
- You're familiar with and enjoy stakeholder management.
- You have a creative approach to solving for specialty needs with modern technologies.
Our TrovaTrip story is full of passion, persistence and a love of travel. It’s about a group of people who wanted to make travel more accessible to everyone. No exceptions. TrovaTrip was founded in 2017 by a group of friends who were frustrated with the archaic, restrictive group travel industry. Like, seriously frustrated. We wanted to find a new, safe and inclusive way to bring people together. We wanted to help people learn and connect with each other and the world around them. This was our dream and so we built it.
After some trial and error, we realized we needed to disrupt the travel industry. We didn’t want to be just another trip Operator. We wanted to actually help people have meaningful travel experiences. Something that could change their lives. And not just because of the places they’d go, but because of who they’d go with and who they’d meet there. We wanted to bring together trip Operators with topic experts and inspiring creators to set a new standard for group travel. And that’s exactly what we did.
Once we’d gotten things just where we wanted them, the global pandemic hit. Covid changed the world as we know it, including the way we travel. But we were still able to look forward to a future where travel would be safe and accessible. We made sure that when the world was ready, we’d all be able to experience the travel that was so sorely missed.
Today, TrovaTrip offers 110+ unique itineraries in 40+ countries with themes ranging from beachside yoga retreats to food tours of ancient cuisines, and everything in between. We use community and technology to bring the world safe and rewarding travel experiences.
TrovaTrip is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. We love what makes each of us wonderfully unique. And we really mean that. You are who you are, and to us that’s enough. For all of us at TrovaTrip, equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion are not just fundamental to our mission. They are a way of life. So come see what we’re all about.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for all our employees.
- 401k with employer match.
- Generous paid time off (PTO) with additional PTO accrual based on tenure.
- PTO for Community Volunteer Efforts.
- Credit vouchers for use on a TrovaTrip anywhere in the world with additional PTO.
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave for birthing parent.
- Up to 4 weeks paid parental leave for non-birthing parent.
- Centrally located office on the waterfront in the Pearl District in Portland, OR.
- A team of passionate, dedicated co-workers that are committed to making travel accessible and enjoyable for all!