This position is open to candidates in the US and Canada with work authorization. We do not sponsor visas, green cards or PR at this time.
Who are we?
We’re The Wild, and we’re passionate about collaboration and the power of technology to transform the way we work together. We’ve built a virtual workspace that allows architecture and design teams to collaborate at human scale in virtual and augmented reality.
Why join The Wild’s Customer Success Team?
We’re growing fast! Come help The Wild Customer Success team on the technical frontline in managing customer relationships, as our first Customer Success Engineer hire.
This is an opportunity to engage at the intersection of code, systems, sales, and customer success, while also learning the ins and outs of operating a forward-looking VR software business.
This is a great role for someone with solid technical skills who enjoys working with clients, planning and overseeing new implementations, and diving deep into things to understand how the product and underlying systems work. While there are some opportunities to dig into the code and error logs in this position, you will spend more of your time investigating the software and systems, helping our customers, and solving problems.
Customer-facing employees usually have the best information about what's frustrating in a product, and often have the power to increase the value of important relationships. But they're rarely given the opportunity to actually fix things or reflect on how to increase the customer's trust and confidence in us. We know that you can't think strategically and objectively if you're only allowed to answer support questions for customers, so we’ll make sure that you get the time to focus on higher level goals that will improve the product -- whether that's working with the Product Team to reshape features, solving that really hard bug, writing great technical documentation to reduce support burden, or even writing code to improve efficiency.
Does this sound like you?
You’re a people person. You love helping people and are passionate about building strong, long-lasting customer relationships. You are an exceptional communicator. You find innovative ways to explain complex concepts in an elegant way. You have previous customer service experience and are obsessed with finding a way to put smiles on the faces of customers. You are a problem-solver, calm under pressure and can spin plates in your sleep. You are tech-savvy; you love technology and get excited about learning new things.
What You’ll do
- Handle technical escalations and provide support to our customers who reach out to us via our support channels
- Troubleshoot and reproduce technical issues and translate those into actionable items for the Product and Engineering teams
- Identify and report customer feedback, issues, and bugs
- Apply technical writing skills in contributing to our knowledge base
- Provide feedback on developing support processes
- Take ownership of customer satisfaction in all support interactions
- You have 3+ years in a customer support or customer success role, preferably in a high-tech SaaS industry.
- You have a broad technical curiosity with proven technical understanding and problem solving. You may have dabbled in a few different technologies and systems.
- You have the ability to communicate clearly and positively through written and spoken English.
- You take a proactive approach to dealing with customers and users - you like to see the world through their eyes and get ahead of their issues with fixes and improvements.
- You have the ability to read and navigate a codebase. You can take a stacktrace and work your way through to understand what is really happening behind the scenes.
- You have experience with IT, QA, networking, and cloud-based systems.
- You are comfortable creating processes, tools, or systems as needed to improve your and your team's day-to-day work.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, are detail-oriented, with excellent presentation and communication skills.
- You can break down complex technical concepts into digestible instructions.
- You are a self-starter and quick learner, with a passion for continuous learning and improvement.
- You are a team player who enjoys working cross-functionally and globally.
- You're empathetic and can relate to different perspectives.
- You have basic proficiency with CRMs, ticketing, and issue tracking systems.
A few ways to really stand out
- You have previous experience in a high growth SaaS startup.
- You have previous experience in chat support.
- You have experience in spatial design, construction, MEP, or the technology they use— Revit, Navisworks, Rhino, SketchUp, BIM360.
- You have experience with AR/VR or you like playing VR games.
- You have previous experience working remotely.
Why You’ll love working here
We create experiences for people, not devices. We strive to create joy and allow our humanity to shine through our work. Among the things you will enjoy about working here:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation time and unlimited PTO
- Paid family/parental leave
- Life insurance
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive team here at The Wild. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. The Wild is an equal opportunity employer: we value and welcome diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Our goal is to create a community rich with cultural, social, and intellectual diversity.