Note: ESS is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our employees and community therefore we require COVID-19 vaccinations as a condition of employment. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.
Catalyzing a cleaner future.
ESS is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy storage and is consistently identified as one of the most innovative and exciting technology players in energy storage. It is poised to be one of the fastest growing energy technology companies in the world, with projects already across 4 continents and an upcoming public offering. The ESS vision is about enabling the decarbonization of the grid by enabling us to achieve up to 100% of our electricity from clean, sustainable renewable energy.
These are ambitious goals, and we are pursuing them with passion. At ESS, we are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
ESS is hiring a motivated Field Service Engineer to perform customer installs, repairs, and preventative maintenance of our Energy Warehouse. The FSE positively interacts with customers to solve technical problems and identify areas to improve their work. The FSE also looks for opportunities increase revenues by providing more services to the customer. This job is based in the greater Portland area but will involve travel to customer sites.
What you’ll do at ESS.
- Provide onsite installation of ESS Energy Warehouse, upgrades, updates, repairs, and planned maintenance service
- Achieve specified revenue targets while satisfying customer from instrument repair, installs and PMs
- Achieve customer satisfaction (CAS) targets as specified
- Interact with customers to offer and close the sale of service contracts and other service products
- Collaborate with internal partners to resolve customer issues and improve processes
- Follow all reporting responsibilities of Remote Service Dispatch (RSD), Escalation, Field Problem Report (FPR) and Field Service Report (FSR) submissions
- Follow policies that pertain to the handling of spare parts: ordering, usage, returns, physical count, car stock management, etc.
- Execute Qualification and Validation Products at customer sites
- Maintain their technical competency level servicing by attending trainings, staff meetings and remaining up to speed on new products, markets, customers, and competitors
- Manage travel expenses and follows ESS travel policies and guidelines
- Display professionalism, understanding, tact, fairness, and technical knowledge in all customer interactions
What you bring to the table.
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, or other Engineering disciplines
- Must be willing to travel both domestically and internationally
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with dynamic daily priorities
- Experience in new-product introduction and scale to manufacturing
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to follow job required Standards and Safety Protocols, per pre-defined processes
- Must be able to wear Personal Protection Equipment according to OSHA rules and regulations
We’d love to see:
- Working experience with large industrial system, battery, or fuel cell systems
- Experience in customer-facing role
Benefits of working at ESS.
In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, ESS offers a Company assisted Health insurance, Approved PPE Reimbursement, Medical & Dental; Flex spending account; 8 paid holidays; 401K, and a competitive PTO accrual.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, without a need for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.