ESS is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our employees and community therefore we require COVID-19 vaccinations as a condition of employment.
Catalyzing a cleaner future.
ESS is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy storage and is consistently identified as one of the most innovative and exciting technology players in energy storage. Trading on the NYSE (GWH), ESS is poised to be one of the fastest growing energy technology companies in the world, with projects already across 4 continents. The ESS vision is about enabling the decarbonization of the grid by enabling us to achieve up to 100% of our electricity from clean, sustainable renewable energy.
These are ambitious goals, and we are pursuing them with passion. At ESS, we are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
ESS is hiring a Building Engineer while will be responsible for ensuring the reliability and safety of the building systems by monitoring, operating, and maintaining building systems and equipment.
What you’ll do at ESS.
- Perform Building operations and maintenance duties, including:
- Operate, monitor, and maintain central plant equipment and systems
- Inspect, test, and repair all equipment as assigned
- Install and/or remove equipment
- Repair plumbing as required
- Complete work order records and required documentation of maintenance activity.
- Utilize department resources in an appropriate and responsible manner
- Assist Facilities Manager with preventative maintenance programs
- Maintain ESS’s facilities in a presentable condition
- Operate maintenance equipment as needed, using hand and power tools as necessary
- Make periodic inspection of the facilities to determine repair work as necessary
- Respond quickly and appropriately to maintenance requests and questions
What you bring to the table.
- High school diploma or GED
- 5+ years of experience in central plant operations and maintenance
- Knowledge of basic electrical, plumbing, and light construction
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external staff and vendors
- Ability to work safely while performing the duties of the job
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. on a regular basis
We’d love to see:
- Limited Maintenance Electrician
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience using computerized building control systems
- Experience in operation and maintenance of fire alarm systems
Benefits of working at ESS.
In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, ESS offers a Company assisted medical, dental, and vision coverage; flexible spending account; 401k; 8 paid holidays; competitive PTO accrual; an approved PPE reimbursement.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, without a need for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.