The Dyrt is the largest digital camping platform in the world. Every second, a new user visits The Dyrt to access our community-driven campground information.
If you love the outdoors and want to be part of a fast-growing consumer app, you’re in the right place.
The Dyrt is seeking a talented Engineering Manager to be responsible for overseeing a team of Engineers in the completion of engineering projects. In this role, you’ll be hiring and training qualified engineering staff, providing timeline estimates, communicating updates and helping staff execute on-time deliverables.
This position will report to the CTO.
We’re looking for people who:
- Are great communicators — Effective communication is key to how we work. We value patience and empathy in our product planning, support, and day-to-day relations.
- Work well both collaboratively and independently — We come together to pair on tricky problems and then dive deep on individual tasks.
- Hiring and supervising staff
- Developing detailed plans for new designs and products
- Making determinations for equipment, staff and training needs
- Proposing project and program budgets
- Checking their team’s work for technical accuracy
- Ensuring the validity of methods used by staff
- Coordinating work with other managers and staff
Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of engineering management experience
- Led development teams as a manager or engineer
- Experience managing engineering managers
- Enjoys working on a cross-functional team
- Strong technical leadership skills
- Strong communication skills with engineers and non-technical stakeholders
The Dyrt is built by campers, for campers—whether you’re new to camping or have been camping your whole life.
We encourage everyone to spend more time outside, including employees. We offer competitive market-rate salaries, a generous vacation plan, and we even pay employee bonuses for using The Dyrt in the wild.
This is a full-time remote position. Employees are expected to have high-speed internet and a professional working environment sufficient for clear video conferencing during regular working hours. Many of our employees work virtually from Portland, OR but we’re flexible on location and encourage all to explore. Our founders even work from their van.
The Dyrt is an equal opportunity workplace. We are especially proud to have a female founder and a higher percentage of female employees than the national average for tech companies. We believe that the outdoors are for everyone, and are committed to building an inclusive platform and community that encourages, supports, and celebrates all people interested in camping.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
About The Dyrt
The Dyrt was started in Portland, OR, is venture-backed, and has 40-50 employees working virtually around the U.S.