Note: ESS is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our employees and community therefore we require COVID-19 vaccinations as a condition of employment. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.
Catalyzing a cleaner future.
ESS is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy storage and is consistently identified as one of the most innovative and exciting technology players in energy storage. Trading on the NYSE (GWH), it is poised to be one of the fastest growing energy technology companies in the world, with projects already across 4 continents. The ESS vision is about enabling the decarbonization of the grid by enabling us to achieve up to 100% of our electricity from clean, sustainable renewable energy.
These are ambitious goals, and we are pursuing them with passion. At ESS, we are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
ESS is hiring an experienced Marketing Analyst to direct and manage a broad range of marketing strategies, tactics, and initiatives. This is a dynamic role that is broad in scope and full of variety. You should be a doer, creator, detail oriented, have an ability to pivot on a dime. You will need proven experience in B2B marketing, ideally in the renewable energy industry. You will be expected to partner across the marketing, business development and sales teams in support of our aggressive sales and business objectives.
What you’ll do at ESS.
- Support the creation of a solid marketing foundation at ESS. With a bias for action grounded in a commitment to collaboration, you will play a critical role in planning, managing, and delivering multiple projects at once, working successfully with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide analysis for new marketing opportunities and detailed performance metrics on the results of marketing investments and initiatives.
- Develop appropriate creative and copy in support of marketing campaigns, promotions, product focused collateral materials and digital marketing across our social channels.
- Participate in domestic industry trade shows and customer events.
- Act as the communication nerve center for multiple projects, ensuring timely and consistent execution.
- Manage translation process for international content.
What you bring to the table.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different forms across work and life experiences. If you are passionate about the Energy Transition and decarbonizing our global electric gird, but you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
- A demonstrated ability to drive development and creation, including the synthesis and translation of complex topics and strategies into effective tactical marketing programs and initiatives.
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies, and methodologies in graphic design, web design, and development, production, etc.
- Strong project, and meeting management skills, with experience using workflow management and collaboration platforms.
- Experience with brand storytelling, video and image editing, website content execution, and management, Social Media content creation (LinkedIn, Facebook Business) webinar execution, tradeshow sponsorship / booth space planning, Customer satisfaction surveys and feedback.
- Proficiency in WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere) or other accepted tools/platforms, with demonstrated expertise in graphic design.
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills. Demonstrated experience working with and influencing a wide range of corporate stakeholders, up to and including C-suite.
- Writing, design work, and presentation samples must be provided.
- This position will require periodic domestic travel.
What we’d love to see:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, and/or related field
- 3-5 years of marketing experience on the client side (agency experience is a plus)
- An understanding of and experience working with the leading media and trade shows in in the energy industry (renewable energy)
- Skilled with Microsoft 365 Suite / MS Office
Benefits of working at ESS.
In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, headquartered in the middle of the beautiful Pacific Northwest valley, ESS offers a competitive benefits package: Company assisted Health insurance, Approved PPE Reimbursement, Medical & Dental; FLEX spending account; 8 paid holidays; 401K, a generous PTO accrual.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, without a need for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.