We are looking for Software Engineers to join our engineering team! We have one Junior-level role available, for a passionate Junior who wants to quickly rise to the rank of Software Engineer. You'll be bringing technical expertise, creative problem solving, and innovation to our team as we continue to build on our product, eddy. eddy is a conversational AI bot that allows engineering teams to create and deploy technical onboarding plans to new hires. We're continuing to build on our vision of becoming the operating system for high-performing engineering teams with post-onboarding feature sets. These technical challenges cover several exciting opportunities to help our customers leverage their own data in new ways.
<aside> 👉🏼 This is a full-time, salaried position with a compensation package based on experience, including equity.
You might be the right fit for this role if you...
...love learning, asking questions, and trying new things
...get excited about building complex systems
...are motivated by creating products to help your fellow engineers do their best work
...know how to cope with and work through the VUCA (volatility, uncertainty, chaos, and ambiguity) of being part of an early-stage start-up
We are looking for a backend engineer to join our team! A strong candidate will have worked on or architected projects using 3 or more of these tools/languages:
- AWS (any experience with: Lamba, API Gateway, EC2, ElasticSearch)
- React / Next.js
- Slack / Chat Bot Development
We'll 😍 for candidates who have also worked with chatbots, Slack APIs, and/or deploying machine learning models to production
Most importantly, we want you to be eager to learn new tools, languages, and platforms and to bring your own expertise to our product and team. Innovations are being created every day, and as a start-up, we have the luxury of experimenting and shipping rapidly to get customer feedback. As a Product-Led Growth company, we're committed to building with and for our customers in every part of our business.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Write code that you're proud of (and document that code!)
- Work as a core part of a team building a chatbot application
- Work on a dashboard and admin panel written in React
- Deploy serverless functions to support web UIs
- Use AWS's CloudWatch tools to debug the back-end
- Support architecture and design of new product features and data use cases
- Work closely with Edify's Product team to develop based on stories
- Demo current work frequently using short Loom videos
- Participate in code reviews & help ensure coding standards are met
- Participate in Bug Triage rotation
- Learn new technologies that could help improve Edify's suite of product offerings