What You’ll Do:
As a Senior Technical Accountant at Bigleaf, you will be responsible for assisting in the month-end preparation and review of financial results by performing various analyses to ensure financial results are accurately reported in accordance with GAAP.
Come join us at Bigleaf to help businesses connect to their customers, people like us, people like you!
- Own the technical accounting and thought leadership on stock compensation, software capitalization, and contract acquisition cost capitalization
- Serve as accounting subject matter expert for ad-hoc transactions and newly adopted standards, perform accounting research to determine appropriate treatment under relevant accounting guidance, and ensure proper accounting, documentation, and reporting of these transactions
- Monitor development of new and emerging accounting pronouncements, assess impact and lead the implementation efforts of such pronouncements
- Own financial reporting in the interim, including drafting financial statements and actively aid in managing our audit with our external auditors
- Oversee informational requirements for all tax filings for city, state and federal governments
- Develop, document, and maintain accounting policies, procedures, and financial controls
- Recommend changes to policies and procedures that affect organization as a whole
- Proactively identify ways to develop new or modify existing processes to find time-savings and gain internal efficiencies
- Support key business stakeholders and work cross functionally with Sales, Marketing, Operations, IT, Engineering, Product, HR, and outside consultants
- Collaborate with the Finance Team to understand periodic business results, as well as own and become the subject matter expert for all assigned account-level activity of our general ledger
- Ensure accounting records, monthly accounting close activities, and variance analyses are properly prepared and maintained, and potential discrepancies are identified prior to finalizing the monthly close process
- Assist the Controller and Accounting Manager in review and approval of staff-level journal entries and reconciliations
- Operate key accounting and finance systems including, but not limited to, NetSuite
- Solid understanding of common ERP systems and sub-modules, including the enhancement, implementation and/or maintenance of one or more accounting systems
- Understand the transactional flow through various systems to monitor and ensure accurate financial results
- Support the Accounting Manager and Controller on a wide range of other projects as necessary
- 5+ years related experience required
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- CPA or CPA track is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of US GAAP is required; Knowledge of IFRS standards is a plus
- NetSuite or similar experience desired
- Intermediate Excel skills and high proficiency in Office 365; Advanced Skill is preferred
- Analytical ability and high level of attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to proactively identify issues and present options for solutions
- Experience in financial analysis and presentation of results is preferred
- Ability to work under minimal supervision on complex projects and represent accounting on enterprise projects is required
Who We Are:
Bigleaf Networks improves Cloud connectivity and Internet performance. We are a team of telecom and network software professionals who built our Cloud-first SD-WAN service based on the natural architecture of leaves. We provide a better Internet experience with simple implementation, friendly support, and powerful technology.
Bigleaf exists because of leaders and dreamers who believed there was a better solution to a technological need in business. As we continue to grow, we keep this leadership mentality in mind, and we encourage each other to constantly be improving by developing grit, servant leadership, diversity, and innovation.
Our Core Values:
Whether working with a customer or interacting with one another around the office, Bigleaf’s core values are heartfelt service, positive attitude, transparency, and focus. At our core, we are here at Bigleaf to develop technology that will help people, and these values help us maintain that intention.
Highlight of our Benefits:
- Medical (We pay 50% for all levels of coverage)
- Dental & Vision (We pay 75% for all levels of coverage)
- Life insurance, long term disability
- 401k with dollar for dollar safe harbor match
- Stock options plan
- Generous parental leave (6 weeks)
- 4 weeks of PTO +1 week of Wellness Time per year
- 12 Company Holidays
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Technology/Remote Work Stipend
- Monthly credit for GrubHub
- 2x per year full company offsite events!
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role, please send along a resume and cover letter of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, 401k with match and a stock options plan.
We're building a team in addition to a product, and we value and seek inclusion and diversity in that team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet the exact qualifications for this role.