What You’ll Do:
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Bigleaf, you’ll accelerate the delivery of new services and features to Bigleaf customers. Your contributions will ensure stable and secure Internet connectivity for Bigleaf customers; from healthcare providers to toy stores, even your local grocery store.
Come join us at Bigleaf to help those businesses connect to their customers, people like us, people like you!
- Accelerate the development and delivery of new services and features to Bigleaf customers
- Improve engineering workflows from development to deployment, including development pipelines and CI/CD process
- Identify and implement improvements to our internal engineering workflows. Champion and model good DevOps process and best practices
- Reduce human toil, through better automation, better tooling, etc. Identify or build those tools + automation, as necessary
- Administer and own engineering tools such as Jira, Bamboo, github, etc. Identify and repair gaps in our tool ecosystem or workflows
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field involving software/systems engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of professional DevOps or SRE experience
- Experience leveraging tools such as github actions, Jira, Cypress, etc, to simplify CI/CD, quality automation + development workflows. Knowledge of best practices around these same tools
- Familiarity with infrastructure-as-code tools, e.g., Terraform, Puppet, etc.
- Familiarity with non-traditional containerization technologies such as k3s would be helpful
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, supporting multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a multi-team, collaborative environment
Who We Are:
Bigleaf Networks improves Cloud connectivity and Internet performance. We are a team of telecom and network software professionals who built our Cloud-first SD-WAN service based on the natural architecture of leaves. We provide a better Internet experience with simple implementation, friendly support, and powerful technology.
Bigleaf exists because of leaders and dreamers who believed there was a better solution to a technological need in business. As we continue to grow, we keep this leadership mentality in mind, and we encourage each other to constantly be improving by developing grit, servant leadership, diversity, and innovation.
Our Core Values:
Whether working with a customer or interacting with one another around the office, Bigleaf’s core values are heartfelt service, positive attitude, transparency, and focus. At our core, we are here at Bigleaf to develop technology that will help people, and these values help us maintain that intention.
Highlight of our Benefits:
- Medical (We pay 50% for all levels of coverage)
- Dental & Vision (We pay 75% for all levels of coverage)
- Life insurance, long term disability
- 401k with dollar for dollar safe harbor match
- Stock options plan
- Generous parental leave (6 weeks)
- 4 weeks of PTO +1 week of Wellness Time per year
- 12 Company Holidays
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Technology/Remote Work Stipend
- Monthly credit for GrubHub
- 2x per year full company offsite events!
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role, please send along a resume and cover letter of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, 401k with match and a stock options plan.
We're building a team in addition to a product, and we value and seek inclusion and diversity in that team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet the exact qualifications for this role.