Sr. QA Automation Engineer: BUILD SOMETHING MEANINGFUL
As a Senior QA Automation Engineer at CrowdStreet, you will be a key part of our QA team and in this role, you will be providing technical leadership to contribute towards our automation framework. You will write automated tests using the current automation framework and provide guidance to the team on best practices and improvement opportunities. You’ll add front-end and back-end automation tests and write automation tests for cross-browser and mobile testing. Other software engineers and architects on the engineering team are also involved in QA activities, such as creating unit tests and contributing towards functional test automation.
The focus on quality and continuous improvement is a core value of the entire engineering team, not just QA engineers, but it is the Senior QA Engineer who is responsible for ensuring that the team upholds its quality promise, by measuring quality performance and making sure QA tools, processes, and expertise are available to those who need it.
The Success You’ll Build: Primary Responsibilities and Impact
- Contribute to test automation by writing automated test scripts and/or test libraries including functional, regression, performance, load, and smoke tests for both web applications and API layers.
- Perform extensive functional, integration, regression, and end-to-end system testing independently or with the team to deliver product releases on time and with high quality.
- Design test strategies, test plans, and test cases from requirements, design documents, and specifications for testing across different platforms and with an emphasis on automation.
- Collaborate with other engineers to build automated tests to enable continuous deployment.
- Go beyond test execution and participate in improving test processes, propose new ideas on how to improve the product quality.
- Create and execute load tests using JMeter to validate system performance and stability.
- Role model best practices, values, and principles through effective coaching, mentoring, guidance, and skills-building across the engineering team.
- Work closely with DevOps engineers to fine-tune our continuous integration, quality gates, and QA environment. Analyze, reproduce, and report component defects and special situations.
Education and Experience Requirements
- 6+ years of experience as a Quality Automation Engineer in a Software SaaS Company
- 6+ years of experience in building robust, scalable, and reliable test automation solutions for functional, regression testing using tools like Cypress, Selenium.
- 4+ years of experience using SQL
- 4+ years of experience testing APIs
- 2+ years of experience writing mobile automation tests. E.g. Appium
The experience that will help you succeed:
- Experience using Atlassian tools - JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket
- Experience with load(performance) testing, preferably using JMeter
- Experience with AWS (i.e., ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, SQS, RDS PostgreSQL)
- Experience with CI / CD pipelines
- Experience with Security testing(Static and Dynamic)
- Good understanding of Test Case Management tools - e.g. Test Rail, Zephyr, etc
The How | Values:
CrowdStreet Benefits and Perks
BE HEALTHY, BE HAPPY
We support the health of our employees and families through our Medical, Dental, and Vision plans which include HSA and FSA options.
TAKE A BREAK
We offer a Flexible Time Off policy to encourage you to take a break when needed. Our policy also provides time off for you to volunteer and parental leave to support your growing family.
WORK WHERE YOU WORK BEST
We know that great work can happen anywhere which is why we offer a hybrid work model. Work from home, anywhere in the continental U.S., from one of our offices (Portland, OR or Austin, TX), or some combination of the two.
We provide stock option grants for all of our new employees to keep you connected to the ongoing success of our company.
HOW YOU WORK
We're providing all of our employees with a monthly stipend to use for your home office needs or support how you choose to commute to the office. Need something else to do your job? Our People Ops team can help!
BUILD YOUR CAREER
We supply a monthly stipend for your continuous learning and development. Is there a course you’ve always wanted to take? A certification you’ve wanted to achieve? A conference you’ve wanted to attend? Work with your manager to tee it up.
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet is the leading online marketplace for institutional-quality commercial real estate investment. Our customer, the individual investor, joins the CrowdStreet community to learn about and invest directly in private real estate offerings. Our mission is to deliver the best online real estate investing experience and make it easy for individual investors to diversify their portfolios.
CrowdStreet has been recognized as a leader in the commercial real estate and technology spaces. Recent accolades include:
- Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500
- 2020 Top Places to Work, The Oregonian
- 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year
- #5 for "Fastest-Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
We are proud to support ‘Work Where You Work Best’ and are enthusiastically adding to our team throughout the US. We also offer two locations (AUS and PDX) for those who work best in an office.
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.