To support our company’s rapid growth, we are hiring an Investments Manager - Office of the CIO reporting to the Chief Investment Officer to increase CrowdStreet marketplace velocity and streamline the final stages of the marketplace deal review and approval process. This employee will be a charter member of the Office of the CIO and have exposure to nearly every facet of final stages of the CrowdStreet Investments screening process. This is an internal, interdisciplinary role that bridges commercial real estate analysis, structured finance, operations, fund and portfolio management, risk / reward analysis and project management.
The Success You'll Build: Primary Responsibilities and Impact
- Represent the CIO within an independent, internal team that is tasked with providing final decisions on deal flow for the CrowdStreet Marketplace and/or CrowdStreet discretionary funds.
- Manage and track bottom of funnel CrowdStreet Marketplace deal flow in collaboration with the Investments team. Partner with CrowdStreet’s Marketplace Heads Of as well as screening team Investments Managers to drive the best and most relevant deal flow into final review.
- Attend Investments pipeline meetings and provide feedback as a key representative of the Office of the CIO.
- Review and critique Investment Memos submitted for final review. Draw out the core issues and concerns and identify key risks and areas of upside. Provide immediate feedback to the Heads of and assigned Investment Managers where appropriate.
- Review models, challenge business plan assumptions and formulate key questions as part of this process.
- Meet regularly with the CIO to discuss deal flow submitted for final review. Assist the CIO in organizing and prioritizing the final Investment Committee calendar in conjunction with the Heads Of.
- Prepare deal summary synopses for the CIO in advance of final Investment Committee meetings.
- Attend final Investment Committee meetings - provide live feedback to the CIO on critical deal issues identified and discussed during the screening process.
- Assist the CIO in the ongoing development of the CrowdStreet Investment Thesis.
- Collaborate with the Office of the CIO Research Analyst.
- Serve as the CIO’s proxy for final Investment Committee meetings when the CIO is unavailable.
The Experiences That Will Help You Succeed:
- Bachelor’s level degree, preferably in Business Administration or Finance
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in real estate private equity, commercial real estate or investment management
- Demonstrated ability to work with employees at all levels across the company as well as external sponsors and investors.
- Prior experience in any of the following roles is desired: Real Estate Analyst, Acquisitions Officer, Investment Manager
What is Nice to Have
- Experience with Argus DCF, Costar, PPR, REIS, RCA or any other commercial real estate software also desired
- MBA or other graduate level degree preferred
The How | Values:
We are a diverse and collaborative organization We are connected and motivated by our common mission and goals:
- Collaboration: Seek diverse input, engage in healthy discussion, commit to decisions
- Respect: Treat others with kindness, practice empathy and inclusion, be a positive influence on others
- Impact: Embrace the entrepreneurial journey, focus on what matters, build something meaningful
Harassment, sexism, racism, bullying, aggression, intolerance & corrosive internal politics are unacceptable. Our values and beliefs are reflected in how we hire, coach, train, lead, reward, recognize and work together as a team.
Crowdstreet Benefits and Perks
- BE HEALTHY, BE HAPPY
We support the health of our employees and families through our Medical, Dental, and Vision plans which include HSA and FSA options.
- TAKE A BREAK
We offer a Flexible Time Off policy to encourage you to take a break when needed. Our policy also provides time off for you to volunteer and parental leave to support your growing family.
- WORK WHERE YOU WORK BEST
We know that great work can happen anywhere which is why we offer a hybrid work model. Work from home, anywhere in the continental U.S., from one of our offices (Austin, TX or Portland, OR) or some combination of the two.
- CROWDSTREET EQUITY
We provide stock option grants for all of our new employees to keep you connected to the ongoing success of our company.
- HOW YOU WORK
We provide all of our employees with a monthly stipend to use for your home office needs or support how you choose to commute to the office. Need something else to do your job? Our People Ops team can help!
- BUILD YOUR CAREER
We supply a monthly stipend for your continuous learning and development. Is there a course you’ve always wanted to take? A certification you’ve wanted to achieve? A conference you’ve wanted to attend? Work with your manager to tee it up!
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet is the leading online commercial real estate investing marketplace. Our customer, the individual investor, joins the CrowdStreet community to learn about and invest directly in institutional-quality private real estate deals. Our mission is to deliver the best online real estate investing experience and make it easy for individual investors to diversify their portfolios.
CrowdStreet has been recognized as a leader in the commercial real estate and technology spaces. Recent accolades include:
- Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500
- Investopedia: Best Overall Real Estate Crowdfunding Site of 2021
- Gower: Industry Leader OR #1 Leading Real Estate Crowdfunding Marketplace
- 2020 Top Places to Work, The Oregonian
- 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year
- #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
We are proud to support ‘Work Where You Work Best’ and are enthusiastically adding to our team throughout the US. We also offer two locations (AUS and PDX) for those who work best in an office.
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.