As our IT and Facilities Technician, you will help establish our IT function and define our employee experience. You will be our internal IT 'go-to' and you will have hands-on experience across a wide IT scope, including maintaining equipment inventory, configuring hardware, installing software, troubleshooting problems for end users, and managing employee onboarding and offboarding lifecycle. Your role will be to ensure proper user systems operations so that both onsite and distributed/remote employees can accomplish business tasks. This includes actively resolving help requests within established SLAs; problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give hands-on help at the desktop level.
Additionally, you will also be the point person in managing AV equipment, video conferencing capabilities, and overall facilities at our Austin office and remotely. You will identify and resolve repetitive issues in addition to finding creative solutions for improvements. Above all, you will ensure the Company's IT needs are met and hardware and software operations are running smoothly.
The Success You’ll Build: Primary Responsibilities and Impact:
- Perform onboarding and off-boarding tasks for employee lifecycle management including account management and computer provisioning
- Provide the highest level of technical support to employees locally and remotely, and manage issues and service requests received through a ticketing system
- Establish the IT function by establishing roadmap, SLAs, infrastructure, processes, and best practices
- Stage and deploy hardware, configure software to help with system and hardware issues
- Assess and implement policies, procedures and tools around security, such as mobile device management, single-sign on, endpoint security, and application deployment automation
- Responsible for hardware and software inventory management and administration
- Assist with maintaining knowledge base and process documentation
- Maintain facilities and conference rooms to ensure everything is properly equipped, cleaned, and organized, and audio visual functionality works effectively and efficiently
- Manage various aspects of office operations and vendor relationships for the Austin office; create and manage processes for the handling of incoming mail and correspondence, monitoring and ordering office supplies, and restocking of inventory
- Performs other related duties as required
The Competencies You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of experience with extensive application support and troubleshooting within MacOS and Windows, software/hardware configuration and deployment, and systems administration
- Must be comfortable with all facets of computer setup, hardware and software installation, peripherals, and possess basic server and network knowledge
- Demonstrated ability at finding root causes of problems and quickly determine efficient solutions
- Self-starter, problem solver, great communicator; ability operate with minimal guidance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a customer-service focused attitude
- An innate ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and consistently exhibit poise and professionalism while maintaining a high level of confidentiality at all times
The How | Values:
- Respect - Seek diverse input; engage in healthy discussion; commit to decisions
- Collaboration - Treat others with kindness; practice empathy and inclusion; be a positive influence on others
- Impact - Embrace the entrepreneurial journey; focus on what matters; build something meaningful
Crowdstreet Benefits and Perks
BE HEALTHY, BE HAPPY
We support the health of our employees and families through our Medical, Dental, and Vision plans which include HSA and FSA options.
TAKE A BREAK
We offer a Flexible Time Off policy to encourage you to take a break when needed. Our policy also provides time off for you to volunteer and parental leave to support your growing family.
WORK WHERE YOU WORK BEST
We know that great work can happen anywhere which is why we offer a hybrid work model. Work from home, anywhere in the continental U.S., from one of our offices (Austin, TX or Portland, OR) or some combination of the two.
We provide stock option grants for all of our new employees to keep you connected to the ongoing success of our company.
HOW YOU WORK
We provide all of our employees with a monthly stipend to use for your home office needs or support how you choose to commute to the office. Need something else to do your job? Our People Ops team can help!
BUILD YOUR CAREER
We supply a monthly stipend for your continuous learning and development. Is there a course you’ve always wanted to take? A certification you’ve wanted to achieve? A conference you’ve wanted to attend? Work with your manager to tee it up!
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet is a FinTech company dedicated to transforming the world of investing in commercial real estate (CRE) through their online marketplace. CrowdStreet gives individual investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate developers and operators (sponsors) raise capital online.
Since 2014, CrowdStreet has established itself as the leading online marketplace for institutional-quality CRE investment, generating over $2.4B of equity invested across 560 projects spanning 200+ sponsors and 13,000 active investors. The total project value that has appeared on CrowdStreet has exceeded $20B covering all asset types (office, industrial, multi-family, storage, etc), risk profile (development, opportunistic, value-add, core-plus, core), and regions of the US (40 states). Today CrowdStreet’s average investment per project is over $10 million with many raises exceeding $20 million, making it an attractive alternative funding source to institutional capital.
CrowdStreet has been recognized as a leader in the commercial real estate and technology spaces. Recent accolades include:
- Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500
- 2020 Top Places to Work, The Oregonian
- 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year
- #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
We are proud to support ‘Work Where You Work Best’ and are enthusiastically adding to our team throughout the US. We also offer two locations (AUS and PDX) for those who work best in an office.
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.