We have created a new investor relations / sales position with a primary responsibility of raising capital for our Investment Funds within our rapidly expanding Investor & Wealth Solutions (IWS) business. IWS represents CrowdStreet’s investment management and advisory services, which includes private limited partnerships and registered funds, privately managed accounts (PMA) and wealth management solutions. The Investor Relations Sales team is charged with converting inbound investor interest into a commitment into one or more of our investment solutions. You will have the opportunity to play a major role in the early development of a key strategic initiative at a fast growing and innovative alternative investment platform. This position will be a highly visible role at the firm and will initially report to the VP/Head of IWS.
The Success You’ll Build: Primary Responsibilities and Impact
- Raise capital and secure new commitments for CS Advisors sponsored funds that meet and exceed targets
- Maintain investor relationships by building rapport as a trusted and responsive advisor that provides valuable insights and perspectives on relevant CS products and the commercial real estate market broadly
- Lead and orchestrate effective marketing campaigns in collaboration with Marketing and other stakeholders. Moderate and present CS products at live webinars and other forums. Conduct sales meetings as needed
- Support the creation and maintenance of marketing materials including presentations, investor updates and thought-leadership pieces
- Partner with Investment Product Development and other internal stakeholders in identifying new fund opportunities by collecting and interpreting market feedback and assessing demand
- Provide high levels of client service throughout the investor experience by handling or partnering with IR service desk to provide LP communications, investor updates and managing other client requests
- Support CS’s regulatory and risk management objectives in collaboration with Legal & Compliance
The experience that will help you succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration or related fields (Advanced degrees or industry certifications a plus)
- FINRA Series 7 & 63/65 (or 66) required or must be obtained within licensing time frame after hire
- 5+ years relevant sales experience within the financial services industry required (asset management, wealth management or alternatives fintech distribution platforms preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate real estate and/or alternative investment funds and services and their role in an investment portfolio
- Deep understanding on using data to design and optimize client engagement and sales campaigns
The competencies you’ll need:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated passion for commercial real estate and alternative investments and track record of sales management results
- Self-starter with ability to perform at a high-level within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture with a focus on excellence
- Ability to foster and drive a client-focused culture passionate about results, teamwork, respect, and integrity
- Leadership experience with proven ability to motivate team members in a sales capacity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite, CRM software and ability to adopt and implement new technologies
- A belief in the CrowdStreet Mission: To deliver the best online real estate investing experience making it easier for individual investors to achieve smarter diversification.
- Respect - Seek diverse input; engage in healthy discussion; commit to decisions
- Collaboration - Treat others with kindness; practice empathy and inclusion; be a positive influence on others
- Impact - Embrace the entrepreneurial journey; focus on what matters; build something meaningful
Crowdstreet Benefits and Perks
- BE HEALTHY, BE HAPPY
We support the health of our employees and families through our Medical, Dental, and Vision plans which include HSA and FSA options.
- TAKE A BREAK
We offer a Flexible Time Off policy to encourage you to take a break when needed. Our policy also provides time off for you to volunteer and parental leave to support your growing family.
- WORK WHERE YOU WORK BEST
We know that great work can happen anywhere which is why we offer a hybrid work model. Work from home, anywhere in the continental U.S., from one of our offices (Portland, OR or Austin, TX) or some combination of the two.
- CROWDSTREET EQUITY
We provide stock option grants for all of our new employees to keep you connected to the ongoing success of our company.
- HOW YOU WORK
We're providing all of our employees with a monthly stipend to use for your home office needs or support how you choose to commute to the office. Need something else to do your job? Our People Ops team can help!
- BUILD YOUR CAREER
We supply a monthly stipend for your continuous learning and development. Is there a course you’ve always wanted to take? A certification you’ve wanted to achieve? A conference you’ve wanted to attend? Work with your manager to tee it up!
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet is a FinTech company dedicated to transforming the world of investing in commercial real estate (CRE) through their online marketplace. CrowdStreet gives individual investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate developers and operators (sponsors) raise capital online.
Since 2014, CrowdStreet has established itself as the leading online marketplace for institutional-quality CRE investment, generating over $2.4B of equity invested across 560 projects spanning 200+ sponsors and 13,000 active investors. The total project value that has appeared on CrowdStreet has exceeded $20B covering all asset types (office, industrial, multi-family, storage, etc), risk profile (development, opportunistic, value-add, core-plus, core), and regions of the US (40 states). Today CrowdStreet’s average investment per project is over $10 million with many raises exceeding $20 million, making it an attractive alternative funding source to institutional capital.
CrowdStreet has been recognized as a leader in the commercial real estate and technology spaces. Recent accolades include:
- Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500
- 2020 Top Places to Work, The Oregonian
- 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year
- #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
We are proud to support ‘Work Where You Work Best’ and are enthusiastically adding to our team throughout the US. We also offer two locations (AUS and PDX) for those who work best in an office.
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.