We’re The Wild, and we’re passionate about collaboration and the power of technology to transform the way we work together. We’ve built a virtual workspace that allows architecture and design teams to collaborate at human scale in virtual and augmented reality.
We’re seeking an experienced digital product designer to join our growing design team. You'll drive the UX and visual design of our 2D UI as well as collaborate with the go-to-market team on marketing and sales enablement projects. You’ll sit on the Product team and be a strategic partner to the Marketing and Engineering teams.
Why join The Wild’s design team?
We’re designing the future of collaboration, and embracing the full potential of virtual and augmented reality. We believe that digital space is real, can be fully embodied with other people, and represents the next frontier of technology and interaction design. We know that virtual worlds can give you super powers, and you’ll be designing for some of the most creative and innovative companies out there, who are shaping the future of retail, architecture, and environmental design by embracing VR in their design process.
- Design beautiful and intuitive digital interfaces and interactions, choreographing a seamless experience across multiple touchpoints and platforms.
- Own and evolve the UX and visual design of The Wild’s 2D interfaces
- Collaborate with product and engineering to prototype, implement, and iterate on features and product improvements.
- Participate and drive discovery calls with customers to understand their problems first hand and come up with solutions
- Clearly communicate your design decisions to teammates and stakeholders.
- Define feature requirements and design end-to-end interaction flows.
- Provide and solicit feedback from teammates in order to build the best product.
- Help us to build a creative and collaborative design practice and culture at The Wild.
- Work with your team to test early designs and prototypes with users.
- Develop and evolve our existing visual and interaction design guidelines.
- Constantly strive to improve the quality and overall experience of our app.
- Use your visual, interaction, and product design skillset to turn customer problems into solutions.
- You think about design at every level — you’re detail oriented, but can zoom out and collaborate on product vision and strategy.
- You start by asking why, and always seek to understand the context of those you are designing for.
- You have deep empathy for the people you are designing for, and are devoted to creating seamless experiences for them.
- You are highly collaborative, and love working with a team towards a common goal.
- You are curious and love the challenge of learning something new.
- You love pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, and are excited about new and emerging technology.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You have experience with Figma or similar 2D design software.
- You have 5-7 years of experience building interactive products.
- Your standard working day overlaps at least 4 hours with the Pacific Time Zone (UTC-07:00)
- You have experience designing for emerging technologies or virtual/augmented reality.
- You have experience with architecture, construction, spatial/environmental design or 3D modeling.
- You have experience designing digitally connected spaces or built environments.
- You have experience working at an early-stage SaaS startup.
Sound exciting? Join us as we build the future of collaboration.
More about The Wild
We’re a small but mighty remote-first company whose mission is to shorten the distance between ideas and shared experiences. We believe in the power of virtual and augmented reality to connect people across distance. Our core product, The Wild, is a virtual workspace that is being used by architecture and design companies around the globe. In early 2021, we acquired IrisVR and its core product, Prospect, and we’re about to take some huge leaps forward to empower more teams to experience their designs together in virtual reality, and redefine the future of work. You can learn more about us at thewild.com.
Compensation and benefits
- A competitive salary
- Stock options
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid family/parental leave
We’re focused on building a diverse and inclusive team at The Wild. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
The Wild is an equal opportunity employer—we value and welcome diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Our goal is to create a community rich with cultural, social, and intellectual diversity.This position is open to candidates in the US and Canada with work authorization. We do not sponsor H-1B visas or green cards.