The Dyrt is the largest digital camping platform in the world. Every second, a new user visits The Dyrt to access our community-driven campground information.
If you love the outdoors and want to be part of a fast-growing consumer app, you’re in the right place.
The Dyrt is looking for a manual tester to help track down issues in our web and mobile applications. You will be responsible for creating test plans, performing manual test passes, and helping to reproduce issues for the development team. Writing automation code is a possibility, this would be the perfect position for a recent graduate or anyone that has an interest in coding and is looking to gain more professional experience.
You’ll be working on a team of 8 - 10 developers and collaborating closely with our API, Product, and Design teams.
This position will report to the Lead Frontend Developer.
We’re looking for people who:
- Are great communicators — Effective communication is key to how we work. We value patience and empathy in our product planning, support, and day-to-day relations.
- Work well both collaboratively and independently — We come together to pair on tricky problems and architecture, then dive deep on individual tasks.
- Are ready to learn and share knowledge — Everyone comes to our company with their own set of skills and experiences.
- Manual functional, regression and acceptance testing of web / mobile applications, giving feedback to the development team.
- Testing layout and interface usability, giving feedback to the development.
- Conduct testing to ensure products perform according to user requirements and within established guidelines.
- Design test cases, test plan and prepare the environment.
- Look for user experience improvements.
Experience and Requirements:
- Ability to write and execute test plans for both web and mobile applications
- Familiarity with using browser development tools to view logs and capture network traces
- Experience with iOS and Android devices
- Experience with a scripting or coding language
- Interest in getting started with test automation
The Dyrt is built by campers, for campers—whether you’re new to camping or have been camping your whole life.
We encourage everyone to spend more time outside, including employees. We offer competitive market-rate salaries, a generous vacation plan, and we even pay employee bonuses for using The Dyrt in the wild.
This is a full-time remote position. Employees are expected to have high-speed internet and a professional working environment sufficient for clear video conferencing during regular working hours. Many of our employees work virtually from Portland, OR but we’re flexible on location and encourage all to explore. Our founders even work from their van.
The Dyrt is an equal opportunity workplace. We are especially proud to have a female founder and a higher percentage of female employees than the national average for tech companies. We believe that the outdoors are for everyone, and are committed to building an inclusive platform and community that encourages, supports, and celebrates all people interested in camping.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
About The Dyrt
The Dyrt was started in Portland, OR, is venture-backed, and has 40-50 employees working virtually around the U.S.